What's new

iPhone water damaged but signs of life...

GStevo

Reaction score
Hi, first-time poster here who would really appreciate some help/advice please...

My iPhone 4s was badly water damaged almost 2 weeks ago (sitting completely submerged in water for up to an hour). So, I followed the usual advice for drying the phone and then switched it on for the first time yesterday. When I say switched it on, I plugged the charger in and hoped for the best. To my relief, the 'battery is dead/now charging' indicator came on the screen. I then thought that when the battery was charged, the phone would switch on as normal. However, this was not the case...

Instead, the phone changes from the battery charging screen to nothing, blank. It appears to be completely dead. I took the charger out and left it overnight and I would imagine all of the power drained again. So, this morning, I plugged the charger in and the exact same thing happened again.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

GStevo said:
Hi, first-time poster here who would really appreciate some help/advice please...

My iPhone 4s was badly water damaged almost 2 weeks ago (sitting completely submerged in water for up to an hour). So, I followed the usual advice for drying the phone and then switched it on for the first time yesterday. When I say switched it on, I plugged the charger in and hoped for the best. To my relief, the 'battery is dead/now charging' indicator came on the screen. I then thought that when the battery was charged, the phone would switch on as normal. However, this was not the case...

Instead, the phone changes from the battery charging screen to nothing, blank. It appears to be completely dead. I took the charger out and left it overnight and I would imagine all of the power drained again. So, this morning, I plugged the charger in and the exact same thing happened again.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

You should put the device in rice before do all of that.

Ok so it still gives me the battery charging screen but then when its charged, it is as if the phone is dead as the screen is completely black, nothing on it at all. However, I can plug it into iTunes and it is recognising the device and I can copy things to/from the phone through iTunes. I just cant see anything on screen! Is it just that the screen needs replaced? How come I get the initial battery charging screen in that case? Thanks!