What's new

Help! iPhone 3G Stuck In Recovery Mode & Wont Restore (after Jailbreak) Error 1015

Arthur_

Reaction score
Hello, Recently bought an iPhone 3G cheap because the seller said it was stuck on the connect to itunes picture, i thought this would be a simple fix as i bought my iPhone 4G stuck in recovery mode and i somehow got it out and im still using it and not had a problem since,

The seller said that the phone was jailbroken and when he went to sell it he made the mistake of restoring it to default. im getting error code 1015 on itunes.

Iv tried using software to get it out of recovery mode with no luck.

can anyone help me out? would be much appreciated!

Thanks Arthur

Hey everyone. I need your help, i think i messed up my phone trying to downgrade my 5.1.1 iOS to 5.0.1 or older. I don't really like 5.1.1 and decided to downgrade it, it had a tethered redsn0w jailbreak, and while trying to restore it using the new .ipsw, a random error appeared during the restore and after that i can't get my phone to work. I tried to boot it using redsn0w , but doesn't work. The apple log stays there for a few minutes, after that the apple logo with an ampty bar appears down the apple (just like it was restoring, but it appears even if its not connected to my comp), and then after that a little loading circle appears and stays there for a while, then it turns off and everything starts again. I tried to enter DFU mode and normally restore it, but nothing. I tried to enter recovery mode then restore it, nothing. I need help because i don't really wanna lose my phone, and i can't buy another one.

It's a iPhone 4.

I have moved the thread to the jailbreaking area so it will get a little more attention from the people that know this subject.

Hey everyone. I need your help, i think i messed up my phone trying to downgrade my 5.1.1 iOS to 5.0.1 or older. I don't really like 5.1.1 and decided to downgrade it, it had a tethered redsn0w jailbreak, and while trying to restore it using the new .ipsw, a random error appeared during the restore and after that i can't get my phone to work. I tried to boot it using redsn0w , but doesn't work. The apple log stays there for a few minutes, after that the apple logo with an ampty bar appears down the apple (just like it was restoring, but it appears even if its not connected to my comp), and then after that a little loading circle appears and stays there for a while, then it turns off and everything starts again. I tried to enter DFU mode and normally restore it, but nothing. I tried to enter recovery mode then restore it, nothing. I need help because i don't really wanna lose my phone, and i can't buy another one.

It's a iPhone 4.

Download a 5.1.1 IPSW from Download iOS Firmware, then put your device into DFU mode and shift+restore the IPSW you downloaded. Make sure your iTunes is up to date and that there aren't any references to "gs.apple.com" in your HOSTS file.

Download a 5.1.1 IPSW from Download iOS Firmware, then put your device into DFU mode and shift+restore the IPSW you downloaded. Make sure your iTunes is up to date and that there aren't any references to "gs.apple.com" in your HOSTS file.

Hey, thank you but i just fixed it using iFaith, also have it 5.0.1 back now.

Iv just done what you have said to do and it didnt work! what should i do?

iv also tried using Recboot to get the phone out of recovery mode but it still didnt work! anyone help :(