What's new

iPhone 4s stuck in recovery after upgrading jail broken phone

Watchintv

Reaction score
Made a dumb mistake and restored and upgraded a jail broken iPhone 4s with iTunes. The ipsw got corrupted via download and the iPhone is now stuck in recovery mode. Everytime I try to restore it gives different error codes. Anything I can do to fix my iPhone?

The best suggestion I can give is to download another copy of the iOS 7.1.2 IPSW file (not via iTunes).

Then, put your phone into DFU mode and restore the new iOS to the phone. That should do it.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Hey Marilyn, thanks for the reply. I actually did just that and still no luck. I downloaded the 7.1.2 ipsw off of http://www.iphonehacks.com/download-iphone-ios-firmware... Which I believe are just links to Apples servers...

Then did shift+restore in iTunes. No dice.

I think the phone is stuck in dfu mode because the screen only shows "connect to iTunes". I can't get it to show anything else. I tried redsnow's recovery fix and nothing happened. It still shows the same screen.

The best suggestion I can give is to download another copy of the iOS 7.1.2 IPSW file (not via iTunes).

Then, put your phone into DFU mode and restore the new iOS to the phone. That should do it.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Ok my mistake... Thanks for the tips...

I flowed the guide and I received an error 21 code.

I will try again.

Checked my hosts file and there's nothing for Apple.

On my first try it did download a or some DFU recovery drivers for the iPhone.

Do you think trying an older ipsw would help, or perhaps making one from a previous backup of the phone? If that's possible...

Got it working, tried a different computer and followed same steps with iPhone in dfu mode. Thanks for the help Marilyn.

Yay! Glad to hear that things got sorted for you. And, thanks for coming back and telling us your problem got resolved. Always nice to hear back - especially the success stories. :)

Marilyn