What's new

GreenpoisOn iOS 4.1 jailbreak Coming Very Soon

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
green-poison-logo.jpg

Redmond Pie reports some good news for everyone waiting for the 4.1 jailbreak, saying that they have been tipped off about an updated website for Greenpois0n, Chronic Dev-Team's jailbreak tool. At present there's not much to see on the site other than a logo featuring a skull design, but Redmond Pie say that the site's very existence backs up their belief that iOS 4.1 is about to be jailbroken by the Greenpois0n method. According to an earlier story on Redmond Pie, GreenPois0n was originally developed by Chronic Dev-Team member p0sixninja as a jailbreak for iPhone 3.1.3 and iOS 3.2 on iPad. Redmond Pie quotes the following tweet from Chronic Dev-Team's cdevwill as further evidence that a greenpoi0n jailbreak is imminent:

"Remember when we said greenpois0n would come to use later as a toolkit? Using it to create this jailbreak is cutting our workload in half (or maybe more)."

So, lots of hints so far, but nothing concrete as regards the release date, although Redmond Pie seems to be very much on the case. More news as soon as we have it.

Source: Redmond Pie

that would be one sweet start up logo :D if only logoME still worked, or apple officially allowed you to change it

that would be one sweet start up logo :D if only logoME still worked, or apple officially allowed you to change it

lol couldnt you do the boot logo change with redsnow when they were still using that program to jailbreak?

hell yes for the win.

i wonder if pwnage tool still works. i havent jailbroken for ages, since 3.0.1

that is a sweet logo, I've never been a big fan of messing with startup screens and such though... always seems to do more harm then good.

logoME and using winpwn and now pwnage tool to change the logo has never done any harm

I just have always looked at it as an unnecessary mod,, and I'm mainly thinking about changing boot logo's for windows.

For me at least it just is not needed, I don't reboot often anyway and when I do I'm not staring at the screen wishing it were cooler looking. lol

But I can understand why some like to do it and to each their own.

great great great news. cant wait! so im guessing this process is completely different than jailbreakme.com?

I just have always looked at it as an unnecessary mod,, and I'm mainly thinking about changing boot logo's for windows.

For me at least it just is not needed, I don't reboot often anyway and when I do I'm not staring at the screen wishing it were cooler looking. lol

But I can understand why some like to do it and to each their own.

ive restarted like maybe 3 times since i had the iphone 4 on the 24th june but i still like to change the logo