What's new

Redsn0w Update for iOS 4.3.4 Issued

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
Redsn0w_jailbreak_for_iOS_4_3_4.JPG

No sooner has Apple released iOS 4.3.4 to plug the iOS security hole used by JailbreakMe.com, Redmond Pie reports that the iPhone Dev Team has released an update for Redsn0w, which it says will be able to tether jailbreak the majority of iOS devices running iOS 4.3.4. Unfortunately the iPad 2 is not currently supported by the update, however. According to Redmond Pie, the new update should only take a “few minutes to get Cydia up and running.” Redmond Pie has full instructions to help you install the new update via the link below. Redmond Pie also warns that if you are using a carrier unlock, you should avoid Redsn0w as it will revert your jailbreak. Go for PwnageTools bundles instead. As ever, you’ll find plenty of help in our forums regarding this latest news, so be sure to check them out for all the very latest help and tips from the experts. [/FONT]

Source: Jailbreak 4.3.4 iOS iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad, iPod touch With Redsn0w [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie
via Engadget

Well done. Apple fail in the sec once again for our glory JB

Is this the same exploit 4 times in a row? Why didn't apple patch it...?

I'm not sure but I think it was patched only for the jailbreakme.com not sure about the rest.

If it's the same exploit then it wouldn't be hard for them...

no it would not but i dont think that they will be able to use it, well on verizon's 4.2.9 apple have patched it up the exploit used for un tethered 4.2.X

But what is the point in all this anyway? Is it to patch all holes possible in the 5 prevent it to be jailbreakable?

But what is the point in all this anyway? Is it to patch all holes possible in the 5 prevent it to be jailbreakable?

it was to patch up the pdf exploit used on the jailbreakme site that gave any one root access using .pdf files and its something that made apple release a new firmware half way through the stages of the ios 5 beta, i have never seen apple do that for a jailbreak hole.

it was to patch up the pdf exploit used on the jailbreakme site that gave any one root access using .pdf files and its something that made apple release a new firmware half way through the stages of the ios 5 beta, i have never seen apple do that for a jailbreak hole.

I see.