What's new

Greenpois0n 4.2.1 un tethered jailbreak for windows users

what does download failed: unexpected content mean from cydia?

Apparently this isn't working anymore, many people I know in real life can't seem to get their phones to jailbreak.

no worries!

im guessing cydelete hasent been ported to 4.2.1 yet, maybe some one else can confirm.. it makes deleting the cydia apps much easier, the same as deleting the app store ones wit the cross on the top left

I have used it. Works fine for me.

Apparently this isn't working anymore, many people I know in real life can't seem to get their phones to jailbreak.

There really is no reason that it did work and now it doesn't. I have done previous jailbreaks and still managed to screw this one up. I got it on the second go tho. Maybe I'll steal the wifes and do it heheh.

Sweeet!
thanks bro!

finally this baby's out!

By the way, is there a way I can save all my Cydia applications so when I upgrade to 4.2.1 + jailbreak it again I won't lose it?
this is just for future reference. I will redownload everything because I can't wait any longer right now haha

I'm new to this and i have 4.1 Jailbroken, i followed all the steps to save (whatever they are called) with Tinyumbrella, i downloaded 4.2.1 ios and i pressed the shift button and did a restore in Itunes and ran the Greenonion file to jailbreak it and i'm still on 4.1 firmware(it didn't update to 4.2.1). Can someone show me how to do this correctly?

Got my jailbreak done thank you greenpoison it was a piece of cake but when i try to add sources to cydia i keep getting a method driver could not be found error, any and all advice is greatly appreciated

Got my jailbreak done thank you greenpoison it was a piece of cake but when i try to add sources to cydia i keep getting a method driver could not be found error, any and all advice is greatly appreciated

Sorted after some trial and error played around with ssh changing http name etc finally ready to give did a restore re-jailbreak didnt do updates installed the sources i wanted then did updates life is good

Hmm
so I'm trying to update from iTunes and it says the newest firmware is 4.2?
is 4.2.1 = 4.2

I keep getting : Jail Brake Failed. Whats going on?

I had the same problem. Turned out the wireless signal on my laptop was too weak. Make sure you have good/healthy/working internet connection on the PC you're using for the jailbreak.

Does this work for Verizon? Nobody is helping us Verizon noobs. I have no idea what baseband is or anything.

:(

Does this work for Verizon? Nobody is helping us Verizon noobs. I have no idea what baseband is or anything.

:(

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...-greenpois0n-rc5-b4-untethered-|mac-win-8132/

it works with the latest update of your iphone and jailbreak has noting to do with the baseband so it does not matter what bb your on, though if you tap on settings general then about and look under modem firmware thats your bb, the only reason why bb would matter is if you need to unlock and from verizon there really is no other network to unlock to and im sure you dont intend ot want to use another carrier since you went for verizon :)

read the link on how to that phil posted

Hmm
so I'm trying to update from iTunes and it says the newest firmware is 4.2?
is 4.2.1 = 4.2

yes its 4.2.1 its just apple did not name it that on itunes. plus we are on 4.3 beta 3 and next week beta 4 or hopefully even a GM will be released