What's new

Greenpois0n 4.2.1 un tethered jailbreak for windows users

any side effect if I JB factory unlocked iPhone4? im new in iPhone4 world

Ok cool, because when the thread was first posted a few days ago it wasn't.

Ok cool, because when the thread was first posted a few days ago it wasn't.

notice it says for windows users at the end of the thread name where as the other says no os as i thought it was for windows also i did not know it was mac only so i was sure to put it in the title also the first page of this thread has a tutorial if needed

no, none. mine is factory unlocked also but the only thing it means is that you dont have to worry about what baseband your on so you can just upgrade and jailbreak.

Awesome, new to jailbreak. Any tips/cool things you can suggest to me palio?

Awesome, new to jailbreak. Any tips/cool things you can suggest to me palio?

there is so much you can do with jailbreak and there are news and bits of info in the news section uploaded by phil all the time on new cydia apps..

i can recommend some.. SSH/winterboard are must haves, with ssh you can login to your iphone and see the files and change things or upload tones over 30 seconds..etc and winterboard is for themes and you can really customise the phone

3g un restrictor, you can download large files or use facetime on 3g.

if you use ssh then download terminal and change the default password.

BiteSMS

The alternative SMS app that doesn’t need introductions. BiteSMS is a full-featured alternative to Messages.app that comes with an awful lot of features such as Quick Reply and Quick Send, Emoji support and settings. You should go download this right now.

sbsettings is alos a MUST -

The father of all tweaks and apps on the iPhone. SBSettings is the best way to easily perform any kind of action on your iPhone: reboot, respring, turn 3G off, turn Bluetooth on…anything. With support for themes and addons (toggles), SBSettings is the first app you should install from Cydia together with Activator. A huge time saver.

Infinifolders - It allows Jailbroken iOS 4 folders to go on forever, Infinifolders bypass Apple’s limitations of 12 apps in a single iOS 4 folder and allow you to put inside a folder as many apps as you want, choose the color of the scroll bar and even paginate the folder. Do not place folder inside folder as it may be disastrous.

MxTube - It is iPhone first native YouTube Video downloader for watching then offline later. Works flawless on iOS 4.x jailbroken iPhone.

CyDelete - It uninstalls Cydia packages from SpringBoard. CyDelete comes handy when users struggle to remove Cydia applications they have installed. Cydia packages can now be removed like any App Store applications- hold down the icon, wait for them to start wiggling, and tap the X.

with ssh also i am able to cheat some games like froggy jump i can give myself unlimited gems and so on...

there are many more apps you can get.. not all free but well worth it

I'm starting to get really ticked off here. I can install any source but ModMyI which has almost all the apps I want. I keep getting POSIX Operation Timed Out error.

so my shsh blobs or whatever they are called do I need to put them to my pc somewhere safe or are they alright on my iphone? Also my friend has like the app store itself from his being jailbroken meaning every app in the app store he can get for free. How do I do that as well?

I'm starting to get really ticked off here. I can install any source but ModMyI which has almost all the apps I want. I keep getting POSIX Operation Timed Out error.

give it some time. i bet its being over loaded with users trying to load the sources.. what apps cant you get?

so my shsh blobs or whatever they are called do I need to put them to my pc somewhere safe or are they alright on my iphone? Also my friend has like the app store itself from his being jailbroken meaning every app in the app store he can get for free. How do I do that as well?

shsh blobs are saved for you on cydia but i never bother saving them because there is always a new jailbreak for newer firmware..

cracked apps is something you wont find help for here im afraid. i pay for all my apps and support the developers enabling them to make more games and apps for us to download :) een though most of them i play a few times then just dont bother playing for ages lol

Last edited:
What is posix time out on Cydia mean ?
Thanks

Last edited:

no, none. mine is factory unlocked also but the only thing it means is that you dont have to worry about what baseband your on so you can just upgrade and jailbreak.

thanks for the input PALIOMETOXO..one more thing after JB, do all apps installed previously will not be wiped out?

thanks for the input PALIOMETOXO..one more thing after JB, do all apps installed previously will not be wiped out?

do you mean if you jailbreak will it delete all your app store apps? no it wont

but when you upgrade firmware you lose jailbreak along with all the jb apps, there are jailbreak app backup apps out there though that im told work very well

Also, it has to be rebooted after every install from cydia?

Last edited:
after reading some of your posts it kind of sounds like this jailbreak is kind of buggy?