What's new

Flip video "like" server for iphone videos??

jeffames226

Reaction score
I would like to be able to email videos to my patients but not send them as an attachment like the flip video does. I also dont want to use anything like youtube because I only want them to see THAT video which I send. Does anyone have an idea how this can be done with the iphones camera?

I would like to be able to email videos to my patients but not send them as an attachment like the flip video does. I also dont want to use anything like youtube because I only want them to see THAT video which I send. Does anyone have an idea how this can be done with the iphones camera?

I'm not sure about the flip video option, but you can set your youtube to private on your videos. Once you upload to Youtube, go to your videos, click "edit" on your video, and under "Privacy" select "Unlisted." When you're ready to send the video, copy/paste the URL to whoever you want to sent it to and they'll be able to view it only.

Just a reminder though, the person who has the URL can have other people view it if they sent it to someone else. Hope this helps.

More info from Youtube below:

What is an unlisted video?

An unlisted video is a different type of private video. "Unlisted" means that only people who know the link to the video can view it (such as friends or family to whom you send the link). An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces (such as search results, your channel, or the Browse page). An unlisted video is different to a private video in these ways:

you don't need a YouTube account to watch the video (you can see an unlisted video if someone sends you the video's link)
there's no 25 person sharing limit
Even though your video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces, links to the video could still appear elsewhere on the web if anyone who knows the video's URL shares it. It is therefore up to you to maintain the privacy of your video and the unlisted URL. You can further restrict the video at any time by returning to your account and marking the video as Private.

Hey thanks! Sounds like that may be my best option for now. Appreciate your help.

I figured out how to do the private youtube videos but it looks like it will be a pain in the ass for the receiver to view since they have to log in to their youtube account first just to view the video. With FlipVid all they have to do is click the link and the video plays without even having to download anything. I am very dissapointed that Apple hasnt come up with an app that will do this! I guess the new iphone isnt really the "FlipVideo killer" it has claimed to be after all:(

I figured out how to do the private youtube videos but it looks like it will be a pain in the ass for the receiver to view since they have to log in to their youtube account first just to view the video. With FlipVid all they have to do is click the link and the video plays without even having to download anything. I am very dissapointed that Apple hasnt come up with an app that will do this! I guess the new iphone isnt really the "FlipVideo killer" it has claimed to be after all:(

You don't need to be logged into YouTube to view the video if u set it to "unlisted." the person yr sending it to has to just do is click the link and he or she can view it.

Well if thats true than it will be even better than the flipvid app!

Thanks again man!

what do you mean you want to send it in an email but not as an attachment? that's the only way you CAN send it in an email. if they can recieve video messages you can do that. youtube is possible with privacy settings changed but that's way harder than an email.

With a FlipVid camera Alude you can send a video WITHOUT having to send it as an attachment. You just send the link to whomever and the video is actually stored on flipvids servers so you dont have to send a large email to someone.

With a FlipVid camera Alude you can send a video WITHOUT having to send it as an attachment. You just send the link to whomever and the video is actually stored on flipvids servers so you dont have to send a large email to someone.

That's pretty much what YouTube does right? Like I said, just set your video to "unlisted" and send the link to whoever you want. Only those who have the link can view it. Additionally, it won't be found if people try and search for it on the YouTube search engine.

They don't even need an account with YouTube to view the video link you sent.

I know that now ryno thanks to you;) I was just explaining to Alude that the flipvid doesnt send files as an attachment either.

Yup, it's all good my man, no worries ;). Just wanted to clarify to everyone. I sensed some tension rising in this thread lol.