What's new

Iphone 4 Video Question

grapeape

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an unbroken IP4 and I was shooting some video on it. I moved the camera in 2 different positions, one was with the camera in the upper left corner and the other was the lower right corner. Unfort, I shot most of the videos with the camera one way and not the other (can't remember which) and the videos are sideways.

My issue is that I would like to watch or burn them and I've used every program I can think of to rite the movies. .avi and I tried VLC Media player classic, some other programs and the rotate feature and it doesn't seem to work. Also tried some program called movie rotator, nothing has worked. ConvertxtoDVD keeps them in the sideways format.

I even followed a tutorial in VLC for the rotation and nothing has worked. Can anyone suggest a method to rotate the videos and save them for burning.

Asked in the iphone4 forums because I am wondering if it's comething proprietary to the iphone camera as I've never had any video from a camera, flip, other phone which I couldn't rotate.

Thanks a lot.

Use handbreak and convert it to mp4 and use itunes to load it.. i am guessing your on a mac? or are you windows?

Wgat do u call sideway? You mean that the video is up down and down up? If that's what u are talking about, u can use camera pro + for iphone to correct it.

Yes the video is up and down.

I'm on Win PC. The files are already loaded on the computer and no longer reside on the iPhone, so the rotating needs to be done in a windows environment please.

Hello i am having the exact same problem. I have tried few programs and still no luck. I have been told handbrake should do the work but there is no option to rotate? So if someone could guide me would be appreciate.
Thanks

Same problem, here. I have an iPhone 4s and can take photos and videos that come into my computer through a USB connection just fine. But my friend emails me videos from her
iPhone 4 and they always come in sideways. I can rotate the photos (it's a paint but at least possible) but the videos are worthless. If I use a small monitor, I can turn it on its side to view them but that's not much of a solution, is it?

In another answer, I read that Apple uses an orientation tag in its video format that only other Apple devices understand. If this is the case, they must have fixed it with the iPhone4s. Is there an upgrade for the iPhone4 to correct this so people can send photos and videos to Windows computers with the proper orientation?

Yes the video is up and down.

I'm on Win PC. The files are already loaded on the computer and no longer reside on the iPhone, so the rotating needs to be done in a windows environment please.