What's new

Emailing Video

dorrien12

Reaction score
Sorry, not sure if this has been discussed already. But is there a way to email regular video (not HD) from the iPhone 4S to someone else who does not have a cell phone, or does not have iCloud. They just use email?

I don't want to have to go through the bother of sending it to my computer editing it or converting it, the person has a PC I have a Mac I just wanted to email if I can.

Do you know of any app that will allow me to do that?

And I do not want to jailbreak my phone, so please don't respond about cydia, I would like to do it on my phone just the way it is.

No there is no apps that does that job correctly that i know of, some apps in the app store claim to be capable of doing it, I've tried some of them but without good results as they all compress the video and so spoiling completely the actual quality of the video. More over, any video you want to send via email from your iPhone have to be located inside you camera despite the app you will be using to send the video. Other videos which was downloaded from internet using a downloading manager may have to be transfer to you camera roll, that's if the download manager has that option, or if the download manger has the option to email videos, then you can also email the videos directly from there. Actually i do not know any download manager capable of doing so.
Your iPhone is natively capable to emailing videos right from the camera roll, but like you might already know, it convert the video size first and then after that only it email the video. So no i don't really know a way of doing what you want right from you iPhone. Your best bet will still be you to transfer the video to your computer and email it from your computer. Install iPhoto on your Mac computer and you should be able to email videos directly from the iPhoto application.

bab2010 said:
No there is no apps that does that job correctly that i know of, some apps in the app store claim to be capable of doing it, I've tried some of them but without good results as they all compress the video and so spoiling completely the actual quality of the video. More over, any video you want to send via email from your iPhone have to be located inside you camera despite the app you will be using to send the video. Other videos which was downloaded from internet using a downloading manager may have to be transfer to you camera roll, that's if the download manager has that option, or if the download manger has the option to email videos, then you can also email the videos directly from there. Actually i do not know any download manager capable of doing so.
Your iPhone is natively capable to emailing videos right from the camera roll, but like you might already know, it convert the video size first and then after that only it email the video. So no i don't really know a way of doing what you want right from you iPhone. Your best bet will still be you to transfer the video to your computer and email it from your computer. Install iPhoto on your Mac computer and you should be able to email videos directly from the iPhoto application.

Thanks, I do have iPhoto already, and I can use that. But the problem would still be the size of the video, because Gmail has a restriction on how much you can send. Even if I got around the restriction on my side I still have to worry about the receiving persons email.