What's new

FLASHLIGHT HELP

violetta72

Reaction score
i don't have a flashlight symbol on my iPhone 7. Can someone tell me how to get it?
Thank You

i don't have a flashlight symbol on my iPhone 7. Can someone tell me how to get it?
Thank You
Go to Settings>Control Center>Customize Controls and tap on the green plus symbol next to Flashlight, which should cause it to appear in the Control Center when you swipe up from the bottom of the screen.

Thank you for your prompt reply to my question. When going to Customize Control I saw a minus sign not a plus and an option to Remove it. That told me I had it somewhere - but where? I expected it to be on the Home page at the bottom right but it wasn't there. Quite by accident I found if I swipe up from the very bottom so low that it is off the phone, I get a few apps, the flashlight being one of them.

Thank you for your prompt reply to my question. When going to Customize Control I saw a minus sign not a plus and an option to Remove it. That told me I had it somewhere - but where? I expected it to be on the Home page at the bottom right but it wasn't there. Quite by accident I found if I swipe up from the very bottom so low that it is off the phone, I get a few apps, the flashlight being one of them.

Also I don't see where to close the discussion or rate the answerer. So
I will just say it is closed and give the answerer 5/5 stars.

Also I don't see where to close the discussion or rate the answerer. So
I will just say it is closed and give the answerer 5/5 stars.
If you use a browser, you’ll find the ratings at the bottom of a reply:
F9F1A58C-3B89-4D32-B554-18E959E99265.jpeg

In Tapatalk, it’s here:
5DBD0C9A-DA33-4180-8E9F-7B9BCD382DE1.jpeg

Only forum staff can close threads on this forum.
Usually, we’re keeping threads open. They could help someone else in a similar situation.

I'm glad I could help solve your problem. Don't hesitate to come back if you have more questions.

Quite by accident I found if I swipe up from the very bottom so low that it is off the phone, I get a few apps, the flashlight being one of them.

When you swipe up from the bottom (swipe down from top right on iPhone X), you access Control Center which contains the flashlight as long as you have it enabled in Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls.

All the apps you saw with the red minus signs are on the control panel (bottom swipe up panel) you can remove them from the control panel to clean it up by tapping the red minus sign.