What's new

HELP!!! Iphone4 WONT TURN ON AFTER WATER DAMAGE

Now_I_Know

Reaction score
my main concern is retrieving the contacts/pictures and the phone wasn't backed up on icloud :(...

on monday morning, i woke up to my phone stuck on the flashlight. the screen was black and there was no way to turn the phone on or the flashlight off. i took it in to my cell phone repair shop and they pointed out some water spilled into the device (still have no idea how)...they told me to put it in a bag of rice and to bring it back for a water damage treatment if it still wouldn't turn on after 24 hours. after a day of sitting in rice, i tried to turn the phone on and once again only got the flashlight....i then took it in for the water damage treatment and after 3 days, they said they couldn't get it to turn on after 3 separate treatments. if any one can help, i'd REALLY like to retrieve my contacts/pictures....if there is any way i can do this, PLEASE let me know. sincerely appreciated.

Sorry, but I can't help. Have you tried to see what happens if you connect the phone to iTunes/your computer?

I'm posting to tell you I've deleted your other two threads you started today on this same topic. Making more than one post not only fragments the conversation and makes it hard to follow - it's against the forum rules. Please keep any follow-ups, discussion or updates on this topic to this thread; do not start another. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

sorry, was not aware of the rule....yea, i've tried connected it to the mac. initially, the mac read it but only gave me the option to restore to default settings. now, it wont power up at all and wont read on the mac either. i think my cell phone repair shop made matters worse when they told me to put it in a bag or rice. they didn't even advise me to remove the battery and i left it in the rice bag with the flashlight powered on. anyway, appreciate the reply, i'm pretty upset over losing all my contacts/pics. if any1 else has any suggestions, please don't hesitate to let them be known!