What's new

Setting up Flashlight on an iPhone 13 SE

I guess you have already figured it out already, but have you tried using "Hey Siri, turn on my flashlight"?
I have not tried Siri for that, but she has found the GDP of the U.S. for me, so she should be able to turn on a flashlight.
It works !

I've never had need to use the flashlight on my SE, but decided to learn how to this morning just in case. My question is, How? Before you rip off a quick answer, please note the following: The problem I'm having is that the standard methods of doing so, such as show via Apple Support (Turn the flashlight on or off on your iPhone or iPad Pro) and a couple of other sites, don't jibe with what I'm seeing here (note: I don't use Siri). That is, the screens they show have a flashlight icon somewhere, but mine do not, except in Settings > Control Center. Tapping on the flashlight icon and other symbols there doesn't do anything but ask if I want to remove it. The only way I found that worked was to add Shortcuts app to my Home Screen and add Flashlight there. But after turning it on, I couldn't find way to turn it off except by powering down. Obviously, there must be a better way to set it up. Thanks,
I access Flashlight through the Control Center and access CC by swiping up in my touch screen. From there I tap on the flashlight icon. I tap it again to turn Flashlight off. I hope that would work for you.

I access Flashlight through the Control Center and access CC by swiping up in my touch screen. From there I tap on the flashlight icon. I tap it again to turn Flashlight off. I hope that would work for you.
Yes, I mentioned learning that from Apple support.

Thanks. I'll look at it next week. Strangely, the flashlight came on yesterday when I wasn't seemingly near anything to cause it.