What's new

First jailbreak

radamo

Reaction score
I have a two month old iphone 4S (Verizon). I have been keeping it updated via iTunes. Now running 5.1.1. Now that absinthe 2.0.2 is available does it matter what build I have? Is the total time from start to finish really less if I delete all files and settings prior to jailbreaking? Then do a restore from backup? I have about 32gb of music and photos on my phone and seems that the restore would take quite a bit of time. Is it "best" or "safest" do delete all content prior to jailbreak? Anything I can do other than erase all content which will make the jailbreak most trouble free?

Thanks for answering all the newbie questions.
RA

BackUp to iTunes
Restore to 5.1.1
Jailbreak
Restore the backup(will not miss with the jb at all)

Went smooth and just have to restore my music at this point. Loaded SBSettings because I thought it would give me the ability to control system sounds by schedule. But I can't locate that feature. Other than tethering not sure I really need jailbreak if I can't schedule sounds. Anyone know of an app that will do that?
Thanks,
RA

radamo said:
Went smooth and just have to restore my music at this point. Loaded SBSettings because I thought it would give me the ability to control system sounds by schedule. But I can't locate that feature. Other than tethering not sure I really need jailbreak if I can't schedule sounds. Anyone know of an app that will do that?
Thanks,
RA

wdym by 'schedule sounds'??

Be able to turn off email, texting, etc. audio notifications at a certain time. While allowing the phone to still ring or the alarm to go off. I found iScheduler which seems to be what I wanted. Have to test it.
Thanks,
RA