What's new

Favorite Navigation App?

benna12

Reaction score
I am going to be a new iPhone user coming from a Droid. I have always used Google Maps as my in car GPS.

What is your favorite navigation app for the iPhone 4? I do not mind paying for one if it is better than something else. I know Mapquest has a free navigation, is that adequate? Or should I pay for one of the other apps like Tom Tom, etc?

I am going to be a new iPhone user coming from a Droid. I have always used Google Maps as my in car GPS.

What is your favorite navigation app for the iPhone 4? I do not mind paying for one if it is better than something else. I know Mapquest has a free navigation, is that adequate? Or should I pay for one of the other apps like Tom Tom, etc?

I have Mapquest Mobile and it's good for navigation to prominent addresses and locations. But it can't "pin" a location (like in a rural area). Not many options either, but for a "free" app, it's OK. Try it, then decide if you need something better.

MotionX GPS Drive hands down! The app costs $0.99 has live voice and integrated real-time and predictive traffic functionality.

Skobbler is ok if you are looking for something free. I have Navigon for the southeast region which I prefer.

I use mapquest mobile. It's not as good as the google app on their android os but it's free and is pretty accurate and they seem to keep improving it which is a good thing. It gets updated every few months or so. You do get google maps automatically on the iPhone with satellite view just no voice guided navigation.

are any of these people recomending navigon gotten the app for less than $50? seems a bit steep to me

are any of these people recomending navigon gotten the app for less than $50? seems a bit steep to me
No kidding!!! However, after some research, I see that the MotionX GPS apps are quite excellent. And very inexpensive. One is free, I believe.

No kidding!!! However, after some research, I see that the MotionX GPS apps are quite excellent. And very inexpensive. One is free, I believe.

i purchased the the motion x drive app for .99cents ... seems to work well enough

I'll have to try the motion x. Tbh I looked at the price and assumed that it wouldnt work too good. That does seem dumb in hind site but then again i live in Pittsburgh. It can be tough getting around even when you know where you are going.