What's new

So I drank the Koolaid gave my kid my Droid and bought the Iphone 4s. My opnion

Believe it or not you are correct. They rely on us Engineers to get them to the call. Yes we have maps etc but often times it's easier to punch it into our phones and voice navigate us there. This is when it is in someone elses district. We know all our districts by memorization.. Some departments actually have GPS built into there Engines. We do not. Google maps has never let me down. The Iphone maps are junk. Doesn't even show my home which was built 5 years ago.. That's junk if you ask me. I am going to look into Tom Tom and see how it works on Iphone... Anyone using this? I know it costs but if that's all you got then guess you have to Pay up...

Good grief. Any fire department should have GPS of its own.

Isn't the mapping on iOS devices all Google maps? I don't use mapping on my iPhone much, but my house (built this year) shows on a search.

Last edited:
Good grief. Any fire department should have GPS of its own.

Isn't the mapping on iOS devices all Google maps? I don't use mapping on my iPhone much, but my house (built this year) shows on a search.

It is google maps XML, but it doesn't have voice enabled turn by turn....that was his original point.

tried the tom-tom app and did not like the layout and some of the directions it gave me were a lot longer routes then needed. i currently use the Garmin app and love it! you can always youtube the apps and see what they look like first hand before spending the money.

Don't perpetuate the kool aid type mentality. Both Android and Apple products have their merits. You are not better or worse for using either. Too much time is wasted on this type of thinking.