What's new

GPS App Suggestions

Matrixnubee

Reaction score
Hey guys nubee here, just wanted to see what GPS apps you guys think are good to use, free or paid versions.

I guess one could just use the pre-installed Google Maps app for directions but are there better gps apps out there? I only know of Tom Tom so far.

Let me know what you guys think!! :)

I actually had to use my Google Maps on a trip back from camping a few weeks ago and it worked great! I'm sure there are better ones out there, but if you're curious how the stock one worked.. :)

I'm using GPS Drive and it seems to work fine. It's free if you don't want the Live Voice Guidance. If you do want it, it's a very reasonable $20.00 a year. I think it's worth that. Been using it for several months and it works well with lots of options and customizability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually had to use my Google Maps on a trip back from camping a few weeks ago and it worked great! I'm sure there are better ones out there, but if you're curious how the stock one worked.. :)

Awesome! Thanks for the info, I've actually haven't had to use gps yet so I wasn't sure how well it worked. But I know I'll need to use it soon.

I'm using GPS Drive and it seems to work fine. It's free if you don't want the Live Voice Guidance. If you do want it, it's a very reasonable $20.00 a year. I think it's worth that. Been using it for several months and it works well with lots of options and customizability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you referring to the app called Motion-X GPS Drive? If app it's not free in the app store, costs .99 but it looks to be worth it so I may try dling that one to start :). Thanks for the suggestion!

The stock google directions work perfectly well but some tom-tom like graphics or even voice directions would make it much easier to use when here is a few junctions close together.

I use nav free. Sometimes the directions aren't the quickest routes from when I've tested it but it's always been able to find where I want to go. I can't justify paying that much for an app on my phone for tom-tom or navigon...

Are you referring to the app called Motion-X GPS Drive? If app it's not free in the app store, costs .99 but it looks to be worth it so I may try dling that one to start :). Thanks for the suggestion!

Yep, that's the one. I was thinking it was a freebie, but I guess $.99 isn't too far from it. :)

GPS Drive is really good. Just another suggestion and affirmation.

MotionX GPS for hiking
MotionX Drive for driving

I've been using both of these and they're awesome. MotionX GPS even cached a 500 mile radius of detailed maps on a recent trip to Europe. I've used them all trust me, Good products!

Thanks for all the replys guys! :)

So far I've downloaded the FREE version of NavFree GPS and the MotionX GPS Drive for .99.

I really dislike the ads on the NavFree and after downloading the MitionX GPS Drive for only .99 with NO ads. I'm glad I didn't pay the $2.99 version of NavFree for no ads. Looks like MotionX will be my new GPS on my iPhone! :)

Now I just need to go somewhere and try it out!! lol

I've only ever seen motions GPS in the UK app store. Didn't know they did a driving version. If I could get that then I would.

I'm assuming the GPS version is no good for driving then...?

Hi, I have tried almost all of the App GPS and I still using the best one (for me), MotionX. It has many features and they keeps doing improvement. A very good Customer Support. They reply all my email I sent to them. There is a new update coming soon.