What's new

Best GPS App?( downloads )

darkstar2007 said:
The 4th gen iPod doesn't have a GPS chip.

Read Apples official specs for the ipod touch.

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP594

Now, it can judge your location based on known wifi networks, but that's it. It would be no good for travel outside of a city.

Okay, thanx for that info, but i havent told you to tell me whats the type of GPS, or is it good for travels, please, i said i just want a good app for maps that downloads the maps for offline trips, this iPod touch is the only i have currently.

Okay, thanx for that info, but i havent told you to tell me whats the type of GPS, or is it good for travels, please, i said i just want a good app for maps that downloads the maps for offline trips, this iPod touch is the only i have currently.

I'm trying to tell you that offline maps won't work, due to the fact your device doesn't have a GPS chip.

If you are a little nicer to people you may get a lot of more help. Please be careful the way you direct to people, respect to others is always necessary and part of our rules.

+1 about the gps, there is no GPS chip in the iPod Touch.

If you're willing to pay $45 you can buy the TomTom app in the appstore. That's the only map app that actually stores maps in a data bank in your device.

joe012594 said:
If you're willing to pay $45 you can buy the TomTom app in the appstore. That's the only map app that actually stores maps in a data bank in your device.

Like darkstar and i said, it would be pointless, there is no GPS app on the iPod Touch

Seeing that the 4th generation iPod does have Bluetooth 2 it should be a simple chore to purchase a Bluetooth GPS receiver, pair it up, and with the assistance of an appropriate app use it as a GPS when not in wifi reception range. I don't know for sure, but can't see it any different than a keyboard or speakers. Please let me know if it won't pair up with a Bluetooth GPS receiver (I still have one from my old PDA days, but no iPod to test it with). Now i do know this is an iPhone not iPod forum...