What's new

Downgrading from 4.2.10 to 4.2.8

Why is that? And how would I ever jailbreak my phone then?

Because it would be a waste of an exploit to jailbreak 4.2.10. You will have to wait until iOS5 is released and jailbroken, then you can jailbreak.

What do u mean a waste of exploit?

If iOS 4.2.10 receive an untether jailbreak now, apple will find out where the leakage was and the will fix it in the next iOS update, this will result of things becoming harder for the dev-team to untether jailbreak the next iOS, they will have to spend a lot of time before finding a leakage in the iOS which will allow the untether jailbreak. For these reasons, they don't want to waist exploits (leakage in the iOS or sources in the iOS allowing to untether jailbreak) as Apple close them by providing an update soon enough everytime they Dev-Team discover any. So let's say iOS 5 is out and with several bugs, they do that to wait for the Dev-Team to untether jailbreak the iOS 5 and the Dev-team release an untether jailbreak tool for it, few months or about 2months later Apple will release an iOS update call iOS 5.0.1 and this update will fix some of those critical bugs in the iOS 5, also will close the leakage or exploit the Dev-Team use to untether jailbreak on a way that, if iOS 5 came with a bug in phone call app or in SMS app, and those bugs got fixed, you will want to upgrade your iOS to 5.0.1 to get those bug fixed and at the same time, you will not ba able to untether jailbreak anymore. That's how apple and the Dev-team are playin all the time. It's a cat and a mouse game.

Last edited:
First the hackers have to find a jailbreak exploit in the iOS firmware, then they make a jailbreak out of that exploit. As soon as they release the jailbreak, Apple can immediately figure out where the exploit is and then patch it in the very next firmware. So every time the hackers release a jailbreak they have to "burn" the exploit they used to make the jailbreak.

Since 4.2.10 is a minor update that adds absolutely nothing to the iOS, it would not make sense for the hackers to waste an exploit on it. Especially with iOS5 being right around the corner.

Completely understandable. Can I ask how the hell u both know so much. Lol