What's new

[iPhone 4]How do I downgrade to 6.1.3 on a mac?

tt417

Reaction score
I have asked this question before after hours of anger and itunes errors, I gave up. I see that tiny umbrella now supports ios 7.0.4. So how do I downgrade ios 7 to 6.1.3 on an iPhone 4 on a MAC. I dont care how you do it as long as it will run on a mac. I have searched and searched but all guides use iFaith to downgrade. So can someone please post a step by step guide or a video on how to downgrade ios 7 to 6.1.3 on the iphone 4. Yes I have the SHSH blobs and they are valid(one of my friends checked them on his windows computer with iFaith, and no I cant use his computer to downgrade).

Thanks in advance

Here you go. There are 3 methods available, 2 of which works for Mac, and all 3 works on Windows

$Screen Shot 2014-02-10 at 12.20.12 PM.pngI have tried all of these methods the redsn0w guide wont work because redsn0w cant restore to any ipsw newer than 6.0. I also cannot restore with the stitched ipsw from redsn0w most likely for the same reason that it doesnt support anything later than 6.0 the attached image is what happens whne i try with redsn0w and itunes. when i try with redsn0w it also sits on waiting for device. The device is in pwned dfu.

Last edited:
View attachment 14989I have tried all of these methods the redsn0w guide wont work because redsn0w cant restore to any ipsw newer than 6.0. I also cannot restore with the stitched ipsw from redsn0w most likely for the same reason that it doesnt support anything later than 6.0 the attached image is what happens whne i try with redsn0w and itunes. when i try with redsn0w it also sits on waiting for device. The device is in pwned dfu.

RedSn0w restoration is not dependent on IPSW, only for device modifications such as Booting Tethered and Jailbreaking. RedSn0w looks towards iTunes for the restoration method. As long as you're selecting the 6.1.3 IPSW in RedSn0w > Extras > Even More > Restore and not in RedSn0w > Extras > IPSW, the 6.1.3 IPSW will be supported on 0.9.15 beta 1 and above.

If iTunes is not 11.0.5, you will not be able to restore with either RedSn0w and/or iTunes because 11.1.X resolves custom IPSW exploitation.

Last edited:
i tried to restore with redsn0w when i had 11.1 installed then i tried the second method will try first method with 11.05 installed. Ill cross my fingers im tired of the lag on ios 7.

nope same problem been sitting like this for 10 minutes. I do have a ios 6 apple logo on the iphones screen though no loading bar or anything though$Screen Shot 2014-02-10 at 1.07.24 PM.png

I unplugged the device Redsn0w stayed on the waiting for device screen. i held the power and home and the device reboots back into ios 7

Last edited:
Remove the Apple host if applicable, then flush your DNS. Make sure iTunes is closed when doing so. Also, is RedSn0w recognizing the device in normal, recovery and/or DFU mode when plugged in

Remove the Apple host if applicable, then flush your DNS. Make sure iTunes is closed when doing so. Also, is RedSn0w recognizing the device in normal, recovery and/or DFU mode when plugged in
How do i remove the apple host and flush my dns? and yes in redsn0w my device is shown as in dfu mode. but it doesnt show up anywhere when it says waiting for device.

Run "sudo nano /private/etc/hosts" in Terminal without the quotes. Enter your password. Go to any lines that has "gs.apple.com" in it and delete them. Hit Control + O to save changes, then Control + X to exit out of Terminal. To flush your DNS, run "sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder" again without the quotes. Make sure iTunes is closed while doing so.

thanks for all the help i just successfully downgraded with iFaith on a very old computer which i had forgotten i even had til now that i just booted for the first time in years and it worked. but of course i have another problem which is completely unrelated to downgrading. my appstore looks like a reorganized ios 5 appstore with an ios 6 theme. at first it was the normal appstore then it switched after i downloaded a few things i havent jailbroken it yet heres some pics:
Ios 5 vs ios 6 appsotres:
$images.jpeg
my appstore:
$photo.PNG
notice the bottom bar is wierd.

That's a first. I've actually never seen that issue before. See if a hard reset resolves the issue. If it was downgraded to iOS 6, there should be no remnants of iOS 5 Appstore.app aspects on the iOS IPSW let alone the device.

That's a first. I've actually never seen that issue before. See if a hard reset resolves the issue. If it was downgraded to iOS 6, there should be no remnants of iOS 5 Appstore.app aspects on the iOS IPSW let alone the device.
I went into settings and logged out of my apple id and resigned in and looks fine now. very wierd... thanks for all the help.