What's new

Downgrade

sueeKay

Reaction score
My phone doesn't want to downgrade I have tried to downgrade it a few times now I don't know if I'm downloading the wrong IPSW for the 5.1.1 I don't know how to do anything all it's saying is error code (3194) this isn't fair at all. Anyone please help me

did u save blobs for iOS 5.1.1 before release of iOS 6...??!
if not u cant downgrade

My phone doesn't want to downgrade I have tried to downgrade it a few times now I don't know if I'm downloading the wrong IPSW for the 5.1.1 I don't know how to do anything all it's saying is error code (3194) this isn't fair at all. Anyone please help me

3 things to check for. You have the iOS 5.1.1 blobs, you have the proper iOS 5.1.1 IPSW for your device and you're using TinyUmbrella and/or PwnedDFU together (depending on your device) to downgrade.

If you have the iPhone 4S, you cannot downgrade from iOS 6 to iOS 5.

Thank you! I didn't know I had to use tiny umbrella, I want to downgrade so do I download the iOS 6 or 5.1.1 firmware

Download your ipsw that you want to downgrade to. I.e from ios 6 to ios 5. But as other people have said you need to have you SHSH blobs stored on cydias servers or on you computer.

This is bullcrap. I can't believe this

Can anyone tell me how to install cydia without jailbreaking?

Download cydia to your computer then sync with iTunes. And it should then be in your home screen. Search google for a place to download cydia from (I got mine from a torrent site)

Download cydia to your computer then sync with iTunes. And it should then be in your home screen. Search google for a place to download cydia from (I got mine from a torrent site)

Please don't misguide others. To jailbreak, the universal program would e RedSn0w. Download the iOS IPSW that's running on your iPhone currently. Run RedSn0w as admin, plug your iPhone in, go to extras > select IPSW, and pour it to the IPSW that matches your iPhone model and iOS, then go back, and click jailbreak. Follow the on-screen instructions. Then at the end, you'll need to boot tethered, which can be done by going to extras > just boot and following the instructions.

Just a reminder to op and others, for iOS 6.0 and iOS 6.0.1, the current jailbreak is TETHERED ONLY, and is applicable ONLY to the iPhone 3GS, 4 and iPad 1. The 3GS with an old bootrom is the ONLY iOS 6.0(.1) device that has an untethered. This is NOT APPLICABLE for the 4S, 5, iPad 2 and above yet

It's still not working it stays as black screen with all the white writing on it, I'm just going to have to wait all I need from cydia is iblacklist that's all far out why is it so complicate to downgrade this dev team has to hurry up and do a jailbreak for ios6

It's not that the dev team isn't working hard enough or trying hard enough. It's the fact that Apple patched the loopholes that makes certain features possible with or without a developer cracked iphone

Okay I understand but is there any way we know there is a jailbreak for iOS unteathered coming out

Okay I understand but is there any way we know there is a jailbreak for iOS unteathered coming out
Unfortunately, no one knows when an Untethered JB for iOS 6 will be available. All anyone knows... is that the Devs are working on it.

Please don't misguide others.....
As willerz2 stated... your post is a complete misdirection that's way outside the realm of possibility. Cydia can only be installed on a Jailbroken iDevice... and cannot be "sync'd with iTunes."

It's still not working it stays as black screen with all the white writing on it, I'm just going to have to wait all I need from cydia is iblacklist that's all far out why is it so complicate to downgrade this dev team has to hurry up and do a jailbreak for ios6

You should be grateful the Dev-Team gives you the tools to use their jailbreak and it is free so you should be grateful for them. Don't categorize yourself as the group of people who believe they are entitled to have the jailbreak and they need it more than others. We are all thankful that the Dev-Team does this and most of us can't show enough appreciation that we should. The jailbreak for iOS 6 is almost complete, they just need to iron out a few more things and then test it before releasing to the public.