What's new

Don't want to jailbreak but....

debbies21
I downloaded some sms tones and some ringtones from cydia. You can go into your contacts and edit the sms tone and change it to something else you like.

Chatpics works great on Verizon iPhone. So do all the 4.3 apps. Thier also is an app on Cydia that shows pics in contacts. And you could also downloAd widgets that look exactly like beautiful widget.

They may LOOK like BW, but they sure don't work like them. BW has the ability to gather your geolocation. All the ones I have tried require you to enter your location code in them, negating the ability to follow you if you travel from that location (without manually editing the new location into it). We might as well face it, the iPhone is a nice phone, but is SERIOUSLY lacking some ability that the android OS has built in or easily added on at a reasonable price.

I downloaded iweather widgets and can't get it to work. Does it work with themes? When I set it in winterboard it made my background black.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1301956525.195899.jpg Lockscreen widget.

They may LOOK like BW, but they sure don't work like them. BW has the ability to gather your geolocation. All the ones I have tried require you to enter your location code in them, negating the ability to follow you if you travel from that location (without manually editing the new location into it). We might as well face it, the iPhone is a nice phone, but is SERIOUSLY lacking some ability that the android OS has built in or easily added on at a reasonable price.

You can't compare the 2. Take it from someone who has had both. They are totally different operating systems and products. Things that are great on Droid may not be great or even available on iOS, but the same can be said the other way around. Comparing the 2 will just make you unhappy. Take the product and learn about it without comparison... Only then can you appreciate all of it.

That came out real corny, but it's true lol

Look at how a jailbreak phone can become.
7b7963f0-662a-011e.jpg
7b7963f0-6639-944a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't compare the 2. Take it from someone who has had both. They are totally different operating systems and products. Things that are great on Droid may not be great or even available on iOS, but the same can be said the other way around. Comparing the 2 will just make you unhappy. Take the product and learn about it without comparison... Only then can you appreciate all of it.

That came out real corny, but it's true lol

Uhmmmm... both based upon a Unix based system (if I remember IOS is more BSD flavored and Android more of a Unix/Linux derivative). Most of the "themes" that do the weather are PHP based that I have seen. I need to crack into the BW stuff and look a little closer at it. As for different products... yes, and for different OS's - only truthfully in name - they both have their roots in Unix style OS.