What's new

Don't want to jailbreak but....

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
I do not want to jailbreak my verizon iPhone but I was wondering if there is anyway possible to tether without having to pay with no jailbreak. And also if there is any way to get timestamps for every SMS? That is driving me nuts.
Let me know if there are any options for me other than jailbreaking.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any luck with your search on tethering your verizon iphone 4 without jailbreak? Any one knows any new program comes out?

Why would you not want to jailbreak? Its extremely easy, 100% reversable, and makes the original unjailbroken software look as plain and boring as Android.

If you dont like it, you revert it... simple as that. If you need to warranty the phone, revert it...

Why would you not want to jailbreak? Its extremely easy, 100% reversable, and makes the original unjailbroken software look as plain and boring as Android.

If you dont like it, you revert it... simple as that. If you need to warranty the phone, revert it...

completely agree

At this time, is there a untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.1 ?

lol late reply. I gave in and jailbroke and loving it. and 4.3.1 was for the GSM Model so wouldnt know if there is a jailbreak yet but the vzw 4.2.6 is.

Does jailbreaking the iPhone 4 hurt the performance at all? That's my only concern that's holding me back from doing it.

Does jailbreaking the iPhone 4 hurt the performance at all? That's my only concern that's holding me back from doing it.

I haven't jailbreaked my phone since as well, but i've been reading about it already 2months now to know what are the pros and cons, from what i read, i con just comclude that jailbreaking in it self doesn't hurt the phone performance at all, but the apps you might download from cydia can hurt the phone performance.

I haven't jailbreaked my phone since as well, but i've been reading about it already 2months now to know what are the pros and cons, from what i read, i con just comclude that jailbreaking in it self doesn't hurt the phone performance at all, but the apps you might download from cydia can hurt the phone performance.

this is correct if you just jailbroke and never installed anything then you would never notice a difference in performance, but the tweaks you chose to install could effect,

just install things that get good reviews at first then try things but remember "what" you recently installed incase you expierence problems you will know what apps to remove first to see if that fixes your issue

I had a flip phone for years but then it died and got a droid. I hated it but was just biding my time until Verizon came out with the iPhone. Got it and I want all you people to tell me what's so great about the frickin phone. I did jailbreak it to get pics for contacts but for the life of me it's just a touch that talks and takes pics. What am I missing. Use simple terms cause I still use fountain pens

debbies21
I have to say I kinda agree. I had a Droid X. There was so much hype about the iphone so I bought one. I have been using it for about a month and I like the phone ok after I did jailbreak it but for the most part I miss my DX. All of the best things that I loved about my x are not on the iphone. I have purchased a few apps to get a few of the features on the ip4. The apps are an arm and an leg. I purchased iblacklist which was $12. Handcent can block the text messages and a feature that cme on the DX can send phone calls to voice mail. If you want any kind of texting customization you have to purchase another app like bitesms. It is I think $12 also.I am seriously thinking about going back to my DX. After I did the jailbreak I have been doing some customizing on it. I do like that I can change the fonts, colors and all the themes with the different icons. I do miss my led light. I miss the flash because there are some things that I can't download. I miss handcent, beautiful widgets, the contact pics in my phonebook and text app. In (my opinion) the ip4 has the worst texting app I have ever had on a phone. I still haven't figured out how to forward mms messages. You can't lock any messages and yes i am in the 1990's when it comes to the keyboard. I am a T9 girl. I very much hate the qwerty. I know there are alot of people that love the ip4 and that is great. I just wanted to give just a few thoughts.

Michelle4439

Thank you. I thought it was just me and that I wasn't tec savvy enough to know what I was missing. You can get Chatpic through cydia and that will show the persons pic with each bubble. I haven't purchased that package yet because it says something about 4.3 and I know the Verizon phone is 4.2.6. So I'm afraid to download it. If some one could explain in non tec terms how to customize text tones so I know which kid is testing rather than checking everytime the minuet plays

this is correct if you just jailbroke and never installed anything then you would never notice a difference in performance, but the tweaks you chose to install could effect,
just install things that get good reviews at first then try things but remember "what" you recently installed incase you expierence problems you will know what apps to remove first to see if that fixes your issue

Thanks for the help everyone I think I'll just leave my phone the way it is. I can't think of a reason to jailbreak it! So I'll just leave it the way it is! Much appreciated!