What's new

Does adding themes affect battery life

klw91

Reaction score
This is probably a dumb question and so I'm embarrassed to ask, but does adding themes affect battery life even though you aren't currently using them, i.e. if I just installed them thru Cydia but don't have them checked thru Winterboard. Will just allowing them to remain on my phone drain the battery even if they aren't being used? I have 4 or 5 themes that seem kind of large, like Pages, Obsidian and Existenz, but I only use maybe one feature of each. Sorry to ramble!

This is probably a dumb question and so I'm embarrassed to ask, but does adding themes affect battery life even though you aren't currently using them, i.e. if I just installed them thru Cydia but don't have them checked thru Winterboard. Will just allowing them to remain on my phone drain the battery even if they aren't being used? I have 4 or 5 themes that seem kind of large, like Pages, Obsidian and Existenz, but I only use maybe one feature of each. Sorry to ramble!

No. They do not. However they can take up disk space.

Sometimes themes will drain battery when enables if the theme is poorly designed....this happens.

Themes that are on the phone but not being used dont affect battery life but if the current theme has some built in weather widgets that update often they can affect the battery life..

Garrett said:
Themes that are on the phone but not being used dont affect battery life but if the current theme has some built in weather widgets that update often they can affect the battery life..

Poorly designed themes with memory leaks can reduce battery. Seems most iOS 5 themes are pretty stable any more tho.