What's new

How much do Winterboard Themes affect Memory & Battery.

madlille

Reaction score
While on the subject, I wanted to ask a quick question. About how much do themes affect system & battery, especially battery. For instance, I'm using the theme S1 i5. It has round icons, day/night changing wallpaper, LockScreen, sounds, Velox & Auxo also themed. All of which can be dissabled.

Sent from iPhone using iPF.net

It depends. If you're heavily using widgets, naturally it'll strain your device as it has to dedicate resources to make sure that the widgets are constantly updating, especially if they require wifi/data to update. Dreamboard themes are hands down some of the more straining themes compared to Winterboard themes. Generally, if you're using a simple theme that changes the appearance of your device, maybe a clock widget, you shouldn't see a huge battery usage difference.

I use the elite6 winter board driven theme and with everything else mostly turned on I get around a days use.

My advice is to turn off the battery % sign and enjoy your phone the way you want to.

If I'm steadily surfing the web or Facebook or or something I get around 5 or 6 hours. Bluetooth, some Location, and all System Services in Locations are off.

Sent from iPhone using iPF.net