What's new

Cydia Didnt install

Hollywood

Reaction score
I have a friend that wants me to jailbreak her phone. she is running 5.0.1 and i used redsn0w and it went thru the whole process and when it said done and the phone restarted i plugged from computer and cydia was no where to be found. I was scared to retry to jailbreak bc it isnt my phone and i dont have access to her computer that she is backed up to. What caused this and is it safe to try to rejailbreak?

no worries, just making sure you had the right tool for your device :)

did you make sure you selected install cydia before the process started?

where there any error messages or anything like that?

what version redsn0w did you use?

i used 0.9.10b4 for windows

the only error message i got was it said the first time i tried it was no device found in dfu i think. but i restarted the whole process and it worked. it went thru the process and now cydia isnt on there

Having the same problem with the gfs iPhone 4 dfu mode won't work through the process I have used dfu multiple times with my it ouch but to no prevail with hers

GarryDNjn said:
Having the same problem with the gfs iPhone 4 dfu mode won't work through the process I have used dfu multiple times with my it ouch but to no prevail with hers

Just keep trying....if it keeps not working, then restore and SETUP AS NEW and DO NOT restore from a backup. Not that effects the jailbreaking process, it just makes the jailbreak more stable, and is just generally better to always setup as new. I backup all my data through MobileTerminal and turn it into a deb file...it's like the best backup method ever.

I just open Cydia, install iFile, then place the deb somewhere with i-FunBox, find the deb in iFile, tap install, and all my data (what I chose to backup while running the script any way) is installed on my phone as if it were a Cydia package. Even all my settings, SMS, call history, contacts, bookmarks,etc. love it. I truly truly hate iTunes and use for nothing but putting my music on my phone, and restoring....and never ever ever from iTunes horrible backing up system. I truly think the worst way one could backup data.....is with iTunes.

i finally got it to work. i just did it again later on in the day and it work. Not sure what went wrong the first time.

Hollywood said:
i finally got it to work. i just did it again later on in the day and it work. Not sure what went wrong the first time.

Just happens rarely. Dats all. ;)