What's new

Crashes after jailbreak

Reaction score
Hey all,

I got my phone all jailbroken and everything I need downloaded. Everything works fantastic except for one thing...

I seem to crash and respring every time I get a SMS while playing words with friends... It doesn't happen with hanging or chess tho...

I have the SMS+ pro version installed. Is there any way I can check for an error log or something after a respring? Sorry about the weird question, I've done a lot with a hacked psp and android, but this is my first venture into the iOS hacked world.

Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

did you use the latest redsn0w? a new version was released for bug fixes that you can install over the last jailbreak, but if you do be sure to de-select "install cydia"

I'll give that a shot. I used the red snow that was linked from the post here that announced it. I'll see if that helps out

Thanks

yeah just go onto the dev team website and use the link for b3 which is the latest redsn0w version.

my cydia is still not very stable but that could just be my internet connection, see how it works out for you with the latest version

Wait a sec... I was reading on another thread that apps build for 5.0 may not work correctly for 5.0.1. Is that correct? Maybe a downgrade would be an option?

No that is not correct, any apps that work on 5.0 will work on 5.0.1. 5.0.1 was a very minor bugfix update, it did not modify the way any apps work or the structure of the system files or anything like that. Also, the jailbreak only works on 5.0.1 so there would be no point in downgrading anyway.

Ok.

Well, I just re-jailbroke it with the newest redsn0w. Let's see if it fixes itself

It looks like that fixed my issue by using the b3 redsn0w as oppose to the b1 that I initially used. Thanks for the insight...

Another thing that I noticed, when I have an incoming call, I am unable to mute it by pressing the volume keys. I have looked around online, and people say it points to the theme, but I don't think I buy that since a theme is basically just changing pictures.

I am using the black'ups theme thru winter board. Anyone have insight on this?

All good now.

My other issue is related to activator.

Thread can be closed now.

Thanks!

I fixed the issue. Re-installing activator seemed to fix the issue. Weird