What's new

Cracked my iPhone 6 Plus Screen.... what should I do?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Made the mistake of dropping my iPhone 6 Plus from waist height... just once. That is all it took. Cracked from one corner to the other. Still works but it is annoying. What are my options?

iphone6-plus-crack-screen.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe taking it to the Apple Store is your best option right now. $130.00 and 15 minutes of waiting :)

Made the mistake of dropping my iPhone 6 Plus from waist height... just once. That is all it took. Cracked from one corner to the other. Still works but it is annoying. What are my options?
If you have AppleCare+ you can pay the $79.00 fee and have the screen repaired or receive a refurbished or new iPhone. Without AppleCare+ there's no warranty coverage and the standard repair fee For a screen replacement is $129.00.

Last edited:
If you have AppleCare+ you can pay the $79.00 fee and have the screen repaired or receive a refurbished or new iPhone. Without AppleCare+ there's no warranty coverage and the standard repair fee For a screen replacement is $129.00.

I hope it isn't half the cost, that would be $500! :)

Awesome. I guess I need to make an appointment and get a case.

I'm using the OtterBox Defender on my iPhone 6 plus. I've dropped it a couple of times with no damage.

Apple Store and new case. I can't count how many times I dropped my 6+, but it's fine because it's in a case [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Go w a refurbished one. Get a nice OtterBox. Be more careful. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

....... and thats why one should have a case to protect the phone. I don't buy a phone without walking out with a case to go along with it.

Check the web for Icracked.com. Maybe a little cheaper than apple but not as fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using the OtterBox Defender on my iPhone 6 plus. I've dropped it a couple of times with no damage.
I've used the Defender on all my iPhones. I'll be upgrading next month to the iP 6 Plus, and want the Defender. Do you like it ok? Does it affect the overall size much? Thanks!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

I've used the Defender on all my iPhones. I'll be upgrading next month to the iP 6 Plus, and want the Defender. Do you like it ok? Does it affect the overall size much? Thanks!

Including the raised border around the edges of the screen, it makes the phone about twice as thick. The built in screen protector doesn't impair the function of the touchscreen at all. I've used various cases on my other iPhones and find I use the Otterbox defender cases the most.

I have the gold iPhone 6 plus and got the grey and white case for mine.

Including the raised border around the edges of the screen, it makes the phone about twice as thick. The built in screen protector doesn't impair the function of the touchscreen at all. I've used various cases on my other iPhones and find I use the Otterbox defender cases the most.

I have the gold iPhone 6 plus and got the grey and white case for mine.
Thanks. Being twice as thick is a plus for me. I like having something to grab on to. Especially when I'm working with photos or doing Photoshop.