What's new

iPhone 6 Plus gone berserk!!

Byter

Reaction score
for last few days my 15 month old iPhone 6 Plus has taken on a life of its own. Once I turn it on (either from sleep or hard restart) it start typing letters on its own and goes into web sites or google search or other apps WITHOUT ME TYPING ANYTHING. I've downloaded the latest release 9.2.1 and it still happens. I took a video of it just so I can show it to Apple Support. I am new to this forum and I want to share that video and hopefully someone can suggest a solution.

It looks like you have a defective touchscreen which is causing the spurious inputs you've been seeing. If you're close enough, a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store is in order. Your regular warranty is expired but if you have AppleCare+ it will cover a screen replacement.

I have the same issue. Done every reset possible. Will replacing the screen fix this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the same issue. Done every reset possible. Will replacing the screen fix this problem?

Does your iPhone also have an issue where the screen stops responding to touch for varying times?

Take it to the closest Apple Store. If you have AppleCare + they will replace the iPhone and if not, you need them to document the problem. Ultimately there is going to be a recall or class action lawsuit as this is starting to be a problem with iphone6 plus.

Whatever you do, don't try any repairs yourself or at an unauthorized repair facility before you take it to an Apple Store for a diagnostic. If Apple detects that unauthorized work was done on the iPhone they won't touch it.

Does your iPhone also have an issue where the screen stops responding to touch for varying times?

No. It is doing the whole ghost typing touching thing. It will randomly register taps and swiping when I'm just holding the phone.

No water or physical damage. Literally happened over the course of two days.

Apple care is expired unfortunately.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Resolved it?

Will Apple Store do anything other then try to get me buy a 7??

I bought my iPhone 6 Plus the day they first came out. My AppleCare + expires in a few weeks. Are you sure yours has already expired?

You could have a failing touchscreen , which would be covered under AppleCare. If you go to this Apple site, it will tell you the current status of your warranty coverage, including AppleCare coverage. Sign In - Apple Support

Appreciate the replies, thank you. Just checked and yes my repair service is expired. What else can I do or am I totally out of luck?

Not cheap are they for a screen replacement, l can understand why some owners don't use there service when they are out of warranty.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

Just found a firm on little eBay here in DE change the screen for all iPhone 5 models €45.
All iPhone 6 models €85.
All completed in one hour if you wish.
I guess the parts are not original Apple though.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

If you change the screen make sure the replacement is OEM or you will have more issues after.

One of the reasons third party repair services are cheaper than Apple is that many use counterfeit or non-original repair parts.

Last edited: