What's new

iPhone 6 Plus gone berserk!!

How can you be so sure about this ?

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.
We can be sure because its fact, We have seen many times in this forum where members have installed/had installed non OEM screens and gone on to have further problems.

I realise being new here l have not had your experience on this forum, however l don't remember reading anyone that has a problem with their iPhone after a screen was fitted.
By a company that knows what they are doing and not simply the owner looking at various YouTube videos to get the gist of how it's done.
If they break it themselves it's their own fault l reckon.

Gregory lsaacs r.i.p.

If your warranty is expired, you'll have to pay for a screen replacement, if that's the problem. Here is Apple's current repair pricing. iPhone Screen Repair & Replacement - Official Apple Support

I will go on Friday to my local Apple Store. Do you for sure that screen repair will do the trick? My
6+ is just fine and I would rather hold
Out for the next anniversary edition iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will go on Friday to my local Apple Store. Do you for sure that screen repair will do the trick? My
6+ is just fine and I would rather hold
Out for the next anniversary edition iPhone

Ask the Genius Bar to run a full diagnostic on your iPhone. This would confirm whether or not the screen is defective or if there's another cause.

I'm having the same issue with my 6 plus. Haven't figured out how to fix it yet but it is real frustrating when the phone does its own thing. I don't have an Apple Store within 150 miles so I may have to send it in for repair.

It might be worth while phoning Apple's helpline. A while ago they did a hardware diagnostics test on my iPhone 6s for a different problem (now solved) over the phone.

Will Apple Store do anything other then try to get me buy a 7??

This is my third iPhone 6 Plus. The first went down in warranty, the second totaled after warranty. Their offer to me was a replacement of the precise model I had for $339, no substitutes. After reading about the troubles of this model, I wish I had not taken the offer.

This is my third iPhone 6 Plus. The first went down in warranty, the second totaled after warranty. Their offer to me was a replacement of the precise model I had for $339, no substitutes. After reading about the troubles of this model, I wish I had not taken the offer.

Bummer...I will have an appt with the so called geniuses tomorrow but I got told essentially the same thing OR I could 'trade' it in towards an iphone 7 but for only like $200 or some low ball number...

Either way apple will find a way to take my money as best they can...

Bummer...I will have an appt with the so called geniuses tomorrow but I got told essentially the same thing OR I could 'trade' it in towards an iphone 7 but for only like $200 or some low ball number...

Either way apple will find a way to take my money as best they can...

Conspiracy Alert!

It is said, by some, I don't know if it's so ... that the chips governing touchscreen on the iPhone 6 Plus are secured by a "solder ball" which of course degrades over time ... especially so as they are suspended, unsupported by the epoxy which cushions them in other phones (the reviewer held up a $200 Android of his, said, "... such as this one.") and Apple isn't surprised that sometime after the warranty runs out these phones fail. Planned obsolescence.

Again, I don't know by personal experience, but some say ...

Reactions: 933
If you had read the thread, you might have noticed that we had been telling people to take the iPhone's in question to the Apple Store to document the problem because we believe that model is affected because of the manufacture and that Apple will ultimately have to extend the warranty for that model. It's hardly a conspiracy.

If you had read the thread, you might have noticed that we had been telling people to take the iPhone's in question to the Apple Store to document the problem because we believe that model is affected because of the manufacture and that Apple will ultimately have to extend the warranty for that model. It's hardly a conspiracy.

This is like Wile E Coyote zooming out over the Grand Canyon in pursuit of the Roadrunner. There is a very big gap between "document the problem" and "Apple will eventually have to extend the warranty." Just where in the 11,049 pages of use agreement is that little remedy spelled out? How come it hasn't been brought to bear in the myriads of cases thus far?

Right now, us iPhone 6 Plus holders can wait and see if (1) a judge somewhere will agree the problem is real and broad enough to constitute class action, and (2) if our separate problems can fit into the complaint as it evolves.

Stay tuned. In the meanwhile, there are Roadrunner cartoons on YouTube- if your phone is still operational.

No company that cares about its reputation will deliberately design anything to fail, that would be asking for a huge lawsuit and damages that could bankrupt the company.

Which planet did you say you're from?

Nobody is going to establish that the flaw, if it even exists, was deliberate under any liability law. And the notion some lawsuit against the largest corporation in the land will bankrupt it is a cartoon. Apple has maybe $250B in cash lying about to defend against your lawsuit. You ready to match that? Also, the truth, as in everything we know, even the empirical, depends on what the various media and its owners tell us it is. You must place your notion of why your phone don't work against a counter claim from Apple. So save some from your lawsuit for a major PR offensive.

Good luck.