What's new

iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Both Crack During First Drop Tests

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score

So with the new iPhones now on sale the various people that enjoy putting iPhones through all sorts of torture in the interests of science, and sometimes purely in the interests of fun and entertainment, have been hard at work.

YouTube PhoneBuff has wasted no time in putting the two new iPhones through a drop test, reports MacRumors, dropping each of the phones on their front, side and back.

As you can see from the video, the iPhone 6 only cracked when it was dropped on its face, and emerged unscathed from being dropped on its side and back. The iPhone 6 Plus, in contrast, cracked when it was dropped on the side, and did not incur any further damage when dropped on its face.

The conclusion as far as this specific test is concerned that the two new iPhones are less durable than the iPhone 5, which fared better in similar tests, and was referred to as “very durable.”
So, if you were planning to drop your brand spanking new iPhone from a great height, don't!

Source: MacRumors

Yikes! Makes me rest at ease knowing that I just got an Incipio case for my Plus at the Verizon store.

I was going to go naked for a few days, but now I think I'll wait until my case comes in :)