What's new

Drop, Bend, and Scratch Tests Show the iPhone X to be Apple’s Most Durable Phone Ever

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone X is the most durable iPhone ever according to extreme stress tests.JPG

Yesterday we reported that insurance company SquareTrade had stated that Apple’s iPhone X is the “most breakable” iPhone ever. However, that’s just the verdict of one company, and an insurance company at that, which could be said to have a vested interest in making you worry about how durable your new iPhone X might be. The results from YouTuber EverythingApplePro’s series of rigorous stress tests on the iPhone X are much more impressive though, leading him to pronounce the iPhone X as being Apple’s most durable iPhone ever.

I’ve always found the EverythingApplePro iPhone torture tests to be very accurate in the past, aside from simply being very enjoyable to watch, and certainly very transparent. In his series of videos, entitled “iPhone X BEND & Scratch Test!,” “iPhone X Freeze Test! Frozen Solid Drop Test,” “iPhone X vs USB Killer & Burning Laser!” “iPhone X Drop Test!” and “iPhone X Water Test! Extreme Conditions,” you will see the iPhone X put through so many different torture tests, and emerge pretty much unscathed. The worst thing that happened was that the Face ID camera did stop working at one point, but that really was after a lot of damage had been inflicted on the phone. In everything else, it far surpasses previous iPhones.

In the Drop Test video, for example, you get to see how the iPhone X survives with barely a scratch from a head-height drop onto a concrete floor, whereas the iPhone 8 dropped next to it, and with the same all-glass case but without the stainless steel band, actually shatters.

The scratch tests also reveal the iPhone X to be virtually impossible to scratch with regular household implements such as knives, and even when tossed around in a box full of rusty nuts and bolts and razors. Also, it takes a very heavy-duty industrial-style implement to finally inflict any sort of damage on the back and face of the phone, although the steel sides are slightly more vulnerable to scratching than the rest of the phone. Likewise bending; in comparison with his earlier iPhone bend tests, the iPhone X is much harder to bend, although there was some chipping away at the corners, but nothing too major.

He even goes the extra mile and subjects the hapless iPhone X to EMP, USB Killer, and burning laser damage, and once again, it beats all other previously tested iPhones, including the iPhone 8 Plus. It appears to be completely protected against a big electric charge from the USB Killer, unlike the iPhone 8, which was fried by exactly the same charge.

The verdict from EverythingApplePro? “This thing is an absolute tank. I cannot destroy it no matter what I try, that is amazing!”

Source: YouTube

Very Impressive, I have seen all of EverthingApplePro’s videos. I agree the iPhone X is the Most Durable iPhone ever made! Good job Apple[emoji2]

Yeh right! that is just another persons opinion, time will tell. All I know is mine is slippery as hell and I put it straight into a case as there is no doubt it would chip or crack if it fell onto a concrete floor.

I wonder if Apple got worried and perhaps sponsored someone to make a counter review :)

I tell you what when you get your new phone, hold it 4 ft off a concrete floor and drop it if you believe that nonsense :)

Lots of editing of the film going on, how many phones did they have, how many drops to get the lucky no damage one :) See on the ice dropping video which shows how many were on their desk as he walks out of the door, look at 5:44 on the video! ;)

Even I only have 2 iPhone X's, these guys seem to have plenty of these supposedly hard to find iPhone X's to spare and smash up, they must have a sponsor ;)

Snap 2017-11-14 at 11.33.55, 1641x1433.png

Last edited:
Yeh right! that is just another persons opinion, time will tell. All I know is mine is slippery as hell and I put it straight into a case as there is no doubt it would chip or crack if it fell onto a concrete floor.

I wonder if Apple got worried and perhaps sponsored someone to make a counter review :)

I tell you what when you get your new phone, hold it 4 ft off a concrete floor and drop it if you believe that nonsense :)

Lots of editing of the film going on, how many phones did they have, how many drops to get the lucky no damage one :) See on the ice dropping video which shows how many were on their desk as he walks out of the door, look at 5:44 on the video! ;)

Yeah I’m not gonna drop my 6S Plus on Concrete. Video could be edited of course. I will wait until the next generation iPhone is out, or get the 8plus. Really don’t care for the notch in iPhone X