What's new

Couple Of Strange Problems

Oscar_D_Grouch

Reaction score
I just got an IPhone 5 which is on 6.0.2, jailbroke it and began installing tweaks. First strange issue is when I went to hide my Music.app icon in sbsettings it would not hide.

Then I noticed when I would try to move an icon to the next screen, it would freeze up the phone and I'd have to do a hard reset (hold home & power button). I figured out that Gridlock 2.0 was the problem and uninstalled it. I did not install anything I don't have on my 4S and I never have a problem with it.

I even went so far as to use iLex RAT to uninstall all Cydia tweaks but both issues still persist.

Any ideas on these issues?

p.s. This iPhone 5 has no SIM card, using it as an iPod touch at the moment basically if that makes a difference.

Was about to say try option 12 from iLEX but since you don't have a SIM, that might be a problem.

Go an uninstall MobileSubstrate in normal or safe mode and respring your device. See if that fixes the issue. If it does, it'd be a MobileSubstrate dependent item. Before you remove it however, see if you can copy and paste the contents of an AppList report to show what tweaks are installed

I didn't have option 12, as I had to use the "other" repo, because when I added yours, it said bad URL.

As far as what is installed, as first thing I did was install sbsettings with nothing else installed and music still wouldn't hide.

When I uninstall M.S. will it uninstall anything else?

Went through option 12, and still having both issues. If I uninstall Gridlock the freezing issue does not happen, but music still will not hide, if that helps narrow down the issue.

One more thing, the music app WILL hide when using the hide icon function of Springtomize 2.

Then it might be a Gridlock issue. I don't particularly use Gridlock so I can't say for sure, but from a few Reddit posts, it's been said that it gives trouble here and there

Never have an issue with it on my 4S...it's got me stumped.

A lot of users have trouble with it on the 5. I don't recall seeing a Gridlock issue on the other devices. I'll PM the devs with the problem and see if they're aware of it