What's new

Couple clarifications before jailbreaking..

alexander

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a couple questions before moving on with the jailbreak.

Do I have to update to 4.1 through iTunes first before jailbreaking with limera1n? I remember reading somewhere a few months back that if you update to 4.1, you run the risk of upgrading the bootrom and never being able to jailbreak again or something like that.

Also, what if I jailbreak with limera1n BETA4 and BETA5 comes out and I want to update how would I go about doing that?

How do I save the game data of all my games both cracked and legit on my iphone4 in 4.0.1 now? Is it as simple as backing up the iphone then restoring that backup back into the iphone after restoring it on new firmware?

Also if I jailbreak with limera1n will I still be able to jailbreak with the Shatter exploit later on down the road?

Thanks for all the help guys.. :)

Hey guys, I have a couple questions before moving on with the jailbreak.

Do I have to update to 4.1 through iTunes first before jailbreaking with limera1n? I remember reading somewhere a few months back that if you update to 4.1, you run the risk of upgrading the bootrom and never being able to jailbreak again or something like that.

Also, what if I jailbreak with limera1n BETA4 and BETA5 comes out and I want to update how would I go about doing that?

How do I save the game data of all my games both cracked and legit on my iphone4 in 4.0.1 now? Is it as simple as backing up the iphone then restoring that backup back into the iphone after restoring it on new firmware?

Also if I jailbreak with limera1n will I still be able to jailbreak with the Shatter exploit later on down the road?

Thanks for all the help guys.. :)

yes you upgrade with itunes, but if you rely on unlock then dont upgrade in itunes, thats what you could lose the ability to unlock with new baseband. there are tutorials how to upgrade with out upgrading bb so if you rely on unlock search the hacking part of this forum some one has pasted some tutorials somewhere.

Unlock iPhone 4 on iOS 4.1 with Ultrasn0w [How to Guide] there it is..

game data? i would use update then, i have found that to be best way to storing saved games, backup is good but i never rely on restore and backup, i always just update instead to be safe and yes you will be able to use it later on if you use this tool now