What's new

Need help with resetting iPhone back to original 4.02

mmanik

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Firstly, I am not an expert and tried to jailbreak my iphone with disastrous results so I am hoping that someone here can help me out. I have a iPhone 4 16GB and used Limera1n to Jailbreak it. After I did that, my sim showed no network so I thought (now realizing that it was a stupid thought) that I will upgrade it to 4.1 as that will make the phone receive the network. It did not and as a result, I now have a phone which has been upgraded to a 4.1 (and I read somewhere now that I should NEVER do that) and it has changed the baseband to 02.10.04 . Is there anyone who can help me get the phone back to its original state of 4.02 and reverse the baseband upgrade or should I just goodbye to this phone as people say it can now never be unlocked? :-(

Thanks Danny. The link you sent was helpful but it also says that it may be impossible to unlock my phone. Do you think that by resetting the phone it may go back to the original factory state and then I could follow the procedure you gave me?

Thanks Danny. The link you sent was helpful but it also says that it may be impossible to unlock my phone. Do you think that by resetting the phone it may go back to the original factory state and then I could follow the procedure you gave me?

Unfortunately no. You will just havetoo wait until the 4.1 unlock is out...

Thanks. Just have to wait I guess. So my question now is that since I have jailbroken the phone and there is no unlock for 02.10.04, can I reset the phone and still use it with a sim from my original locked carrier (in this case, Rogers Canada) or have I lost that option as well?

Thanks. Just have to wait I guess. So my question now is that since I have jailbroken the phone and there is no unlock for 02.10.04, can I reset the phone and still use it with a sim from my original locked carrier (in this case, Rogers Canada) or have I lost that option as well?

You don't need the unlock because you are on the same carrier you purchased the phone... It makes no difference jailbroken or not your sim should work.

That is the best piece of news you have given me! Thanks Danny. You just made my day. :)

Last edited: