What's new

Contact App gone

steve391

Reaction score
I reset my iPhone 4S to factory settings to try and fix battery problems.

phone no longer has an app for contacts. If I push the phone app, there is a choice for contacts and they're all there.

just no app icon on screen.

How do I get it back?

Steve

Yeah...I don't know why Apple puts such an essential icon in a folder to begin with. I am guessing they have created a folder on a stock phone to initiate people to figure out how to use/make a folder????

xrayeyes said:
Yeah...I don't know why Apple puts such an essential icon in a folder to begin with. I am guessing they have created a folder on a stock phone to initiate people to figure out how to use/make a folder????

It's not an essential icon IMO. It's a completely unnecessary icon. Contacts are already in the phone app....I don't even see why there is a contacts application on an iPhone. Pointless really. I never open the contacts app to look through my contacts list......I open my phone app.l

It's not an essential icon IMO. It's a completely unnecessary icon. Contacts are already in the phone app....I don't even see why there is a contacts application on an iPhone. Pointless really. I never open the contacts app to look through my contacts list......I open my phone app.l

To me it saves a step---you can open the contacts folder directly rather than opening the phone first.

xrayeyes said:
To me it saves a step---you can open the contacts folder directly rather than opening the phone first.

Of coarse.....but nevertheless........the contacts list is on the phone twice.

Of coarse.....but nevertheless........the contacts list is on the phone twice.

Apple makes several devices that use iOS. The Contact app is for all devices. Only an iPhone gets the additional Phone app.

So in reality the iPhone is to blame for requiring a Phone app because people probably wouldn't understand to use the Contact app to actually dial out.

Skull One said:
Apple makes several devices that use iOS. The Contact app is for all devices. Only an iPhone gets the additional Phone app.

So in reality the iPhone is to blame for requiring a Phone app because people probably wouldn't understand to use the Contact app to actually dial out.

I think the Contacts app should only be on iPods and iPads. But that's just my opinion.lol.