What's new

All contacts are gone!!!

cookiedavis

Reaction score
After synching all of my contacts are gone! Favorites and Recents are still there but only phone numbers, not contact names. Anyone know why this happened and how I can get my contacts back? Help!!! Thanks!

Did you change the way you sync your contacts on iTunes when your phone is plugged in? Let us know a little bit more info.

I haven't set up anything for syncing contacts...when I plug my phone in it says Syncing. I plug in quite a bit to upload photos. I don't have a clue how to set up contact syncing. I wonder if I can take my old phone to AT&T and get them to transfer my contacts back to my iphone from the SIM card? But then how do I make sure they don't disappear again? I have a ton of contacts including a huge list of email addresses. Very frustrating!

Yeah!!! I figured it out...in iTunes under Devices I found there is an Info tab on where to sync contacts from and even found the sync button. I guess after a year of having this phone I needed to learn how to use it :) My contacts are back and all is well! Thanks!

Interesting. I thought that simply "restoring from a previous backup" would restore all your previous Contacts, etc. Are you saying there is ANOTHER way to find/get Contacts -- from an Info tab?????

See page 54 of the iPhone user guide. It has step by step instructions. Once I set Outlook for contacts and clicked sync, voila...all my contacts came back.