What's new

New contacts erased (or hid) old contacts

pertree

Reaction score
My first post in this great forum. Like everyone else would be a serious problem if contacts are lost permanently. Here's what happened:

Yesterday, I added two new contacts in a little different way than usual. Instead of using the contacts portion of the phone function I used the Contacts app style button from the home screen. I've always thought, and it may be the case, that this was a part of the overall contacts function in my phone. A short while later I accessed the contacts in the phone function to make a call and found that the only two contacts there were the ones I had just added. The only contacts remaining were in my Favorites list but they were only listing phone numbers, the names were gone.

My last iTunes backup was a couple of months ago so I suppose I could restore the contacts (that I had up until that backup) that way. After some online research decided to try iCloud. As suggested, turned off the contacts portion in settings/iCloud, saved to this phone, then turned it back on and waited, until this morning. No luck.

Have thought about deleting the two contacts I added yesterday but haven't done that yet, thought I would ask if anyone here has experienced and solved this issue. This 4s has been updated to ios 7 a week ago.

Anyone have a solution, or suggestion? Thanks in advance for you assistance.

Steve

Wow, I must have posted in the wrong sub forum, or, have an unresolvable issue. Can someone suggest a better place to post this inquiry?

Check all of your email settings to see if "contacts" is enabled or disabled. If you have them synced with an email client you can turn "contacts" back on and they should sync back. That's all I have to offer...sorry!

There have been a lot of glitches and new functions with iOS7 and many people here are just figuring out some of these issues. If you get no response it's probably because no one knows! Hope someone else can chime in with some ideas. And not trying to preach...but this is why it's always good to have backups. I do one once a month.