What's new

Contacts Missing

craigtaz

Reaction score
Apple replaced my 4S today due to hardware issues. Before the Apple tech replaced the phone, I told him that iCloud is only showing 12 contacts, when I have about 130. He said once I program and set up my new 4S the contacts will return. Well he was wrong. My phone is only showing the 12 contacts that were on iCloud. Does that mean they are lost forever?!

craigtaz said:
Apple replaced my 4S today due to hardware issues. Before the Apple tech replaced the phone, I told him that iCloud is only showing 12 contacts, when I have about 130. He said once I program and set up my new 4S the contacts will return. Well he was wrong. My phone is only showing the 12 contacts that were on iCloud. Does that mean they are lost forever?!

Restore from a earlier backup that didn't use iCloud. Meaning plug your phone up to your computer. Open iTunes and right click on device and restore from backup

إيكرانك...المسطرة

Didn't work. The only backup available was the one that it automatically created when I tried to update the iOS right after I got home from the Apple store. Is there any way to search for an earlier backup file?

If you con't see any earlier backup in the list of available backup files then no chance for you. Where did you originally store your contacts? Gmail? Outlook? Yahoo? Somewhere in your computer? If you never had your contacts anywhere except them just to be in your phone then you are out of luck to get those contacts back.

I figured it out late last night. I remembered that when I originally bought my 4S at Verizon, they transferred over my contacts from my Motorola Droid via my gmail account. The problem is, gmail contacts for some reason won't sync with iCloud. But at least they were still available in my gmail account. I printed them out and manually typed them in via my iPad. Took me a while, but now they're in, and they are now syncing via iCloud.

Thanks.