What's new

Contacts won't Sync --so frustrated!!

Pinkpirate

Reaction score
I am having no luck getting my contacts to Sync. Here is what is going on:

I have been using MobileMe and Outlook for over a year and at first my contacts were ok but then they stopped syncing. The only contact list that was complete was the one on my phone. Now with the release of OS 5 and iCloud I thought that this would be fixed but it is worse.

When I moved from MobileMe to iCloud the contacts moved but still some contacts were in my phone that were not synced. Then I figured that since the contact list on my phone was the only correct one I would delete the other ones. I deleted all the contacts in Outlook and iCloud. Then thought using iTunes I could add them from my phone to Outlook. Nope it deleted all the contacts except the test contact I added.

So I restored my phone and tried to sync directly with iCloud. That didn't work.

On the Apple site it said to use iTunes to Sync and to make sure in the advanced section the boxes aren't checked to delete the info on the phone. So I did that and again it deleted all my contacts.

I restored my phone again and then uninstalled and reinstalled outlook and tried the Sync. Again all contacts gone. So now I am restoring my phone a third time. I don't know what to do!! I need to get these contacts synced. Please Help!!!