What's new

iPhone 4s deleting contacts randomly?!? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had exactly the same problem. I first restored my iPhone 4s from iCloud, this didn’t restore my contacts then after restoring my phone from computer back up my contacts stayed for about 30 seconds - 1 min before disappearing again! I finally figured out that the problem was iCloud. I removed my iCloud account from my phone and eventually my contacts have stayed.

I had to go on to my iCloud through ie to find out that my contacts were not there any more.

But I want to use iCloud and I have no idea how to without it overwriting my contacts with its incomplete list!

I also have no idea why iCloud has decided to delete some of my contacts?!?!?!

Last edited:
juiceoj08 said:
I have had exactly the same problem. I first restored my iPhone 4s from iCloud, this didn’t restore my contacts then after restoring my phone from computer back up my contacts stayed for about 30 seconds - 1 min before disappearing again! I finally figured out that the problem was iCloud. I removed my iCloud account from my phone and eventually my contacts have stayed.

I had to go on to my iCloud through ie to find out that my contacts were not there any more.

But I want to use iCloud and I have no idea how to without it overwriting my contacts with its incomplete list!

I also have no idea why iCloud has decided to delete some of my contacts?!?!?!

This usually happens because another email account also has Contacts toggled on.

When you use iCloud to backup your Contacts, you need to make sure that no other email account has contacts toggled on or your contacts will get messed up one way or another.

I use iCloud for backing up contacts... And I never have any problems...and all my contacts are there as long as iCloud is the only email account that my contacts toggled on

Yesterday my daughter told me that some of her contacts have disappeared from her iPhone 3g. She doesn't connect to a PC or the Cloud. I don't think she even has a backup.

She probably has about 50 or 60 contacts and 10 or so simply are no longer there.

Has anyone contacted Apple to discuss this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.