What's new

Changing folder backgrounds

QuistySnr

Reaction score
Is there a way of changing folder backgrounds via openssh? Since updating to 4.1 none of the folder backgrounds are working from cydia with my iscience HD theme, the theme is working but it looks odd with gray folder backgrounds. When I was on 4.0.1 I used carbon fiber backgrounds with iscience HD and it all worked and looked great.

excuse the rambling, scratching my head puzzled as to why its not working? ? ? ?

Is there a way of changing folder backgrounds via openssh? Since updating to 4.1 none of the folder backgrounds are working from cydia with my iscience HD theme, the theme is working but it looks odd with gray folder backgrounds. When I was on 4.0.1 I used carbon fiber backgrounds with iscience HD and it all worked and looked great.

excuse the rambling, scratching my head puzzled as to why its not working? ? ? ?

I'm looking into it as well.

I used the carbon background for the folders as well.

Going through the iPhone 4 now it seems that a lot of the locations/names of folders/icons etc have changed. I guess Apple changed some things about when they put 4.1 available. Will take a few days to figure everything out but it will be possible.

two heads are better than one, Ive checked other forums and its a common issue it seems but they are changing folder backgrounds via ssh which, used for this purpose I know nothing about.

Its pissing me right off!

That's easy! Open ssh now go to var/mobile/library/caches. Now scroll down and delete the file that says com.apple.SpringBoard.folderSwitcherLinen and respring. And that's it! Good luck!

I'm making a website and I need some cool backgrounds instead of just boring solid colors. Anyone have a link to a place where I can copy and paste backgrounds?