What's new

Cant surf & turf on Verizon

Interesting comments. I personally started out with Verizon about 4 years with a rim. Then I wanted the iPhone and went to AT&T. Voice service was terrible. Once Verizon announced they were getting the iPhone AT&T beefed up the voice network and now I find it adequate. Yes adequate meaning it is not as good as Verizon but good enough not to switch back. I now want to switch to Verizon but I use the surf and turf all the time. I join meetings and share information while on Conf calls all the time. I just don't think Verizon is business ready. The iPhone is making Verizon look bad. (slower speeds, less functionality etc...I think once the iPhone goes LTE/4g Verizon will win this war. But for now if you ever had the surf and turf feature you would never switch to Verizon. As yourself how many people you know have switched from AT&T to Verizon in the last year

tfalsetta said:
Interesting comments. I personally started out with Verizon about 4 years with a rim. Then I wanted the iPhone and went to AT&T. Voice service was terrible. Once Verizon announced they were getting the iPhone AT&T beefed up the voice network and now I find it adequate. Yes adequate meaning it is not as good as Verizon but good enough not to switch back. I now want to switch to Verizon but I use the surf and turf all the time. I join meetings and share information while on Conf calls all the time. I just don't think Verizon is business ready. The iPhone is making Verizon look bad. (slower speeds, less functionality etc...I think once the iPhone goes LTE/4g Verizon will win this war. But for now if you ever had the surf and turf feature you would never switch to Verizon. As yourself how many people you know have switched from AT&T to Verizon in the last year

See how carriers get lazy when they think they have no competition lmao!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

Am I missing something? I'm on Verizon and anytime I'm on a call I can do anything on my phone while talking.

Last edited:
jessicacope said:
Am I missing something? I'm on Verizon and anytime I'm on a call I can do anything on my phone while talking.

Yeah man. Can't be done, you can view a web page, or go back to previously loaded web pages (sometimes), but once a call is connected, no 3G data is able to load anything.

Therefore, if you are connected to a call, then you cannot load "anything" that requires 3G data "during" the call.

But you can with wifi.

I had not even tried that so I didn't know I couldn't do it. I could with my droid. Oh well no biggie.

This should be resolved when the 5 comes out. It's all but certain to have LTE.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk