What's new

Cant surf & turf on Verizon

tfalsetta

Reaction score
iPhone useless on Verizon. I just got a call from my daughter (iPhone on Verizon) and she wanted to know where she was so I simply said "hold on honey I will use find my phone and locate you" WRONG!!!!!!! Because you can't surf and talk at the same time on Verizon I could not locate her until she hung up. Switching to AT&T. I can't believe how bad the iPhone has made Verizon look. Picking CDMA was the worst choice Verizon ever made.

eddieg said:
You could do what you want on wifi.

You can talk and surf on wifi??? I didn't know that!!! Wow

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 w IOS 5.0.1 Update using iPF.net

I don't see what makes it worthless on Verizon at all. Wifi and talking will work at the same time, as mentioned above. But this isn't something Verizon has hidden. In fact, a lot of the AT&T commercials make it a point of showing that Verizon can't do data and talking at the same time.

I personally won't go AT&T because being able to talk and surf at one time is worthless when you don't have a signal. Pretty much all of the areas I travel in didn't have good signals when I had an AT&T work phone.

So I'll take the inconvenience and knowing I can actually make calls when I want instead of it being hit or miss.

Sounds like another cry baby. Boo hoo I can't talk and surf oh no the worlds going to end. I'd rather have the great coverage than surf and talk.

What I don't understand is why the OP is unbelievably surprised that you can't talk & web w/ Verizon! LOL!!

I don't see what makes it worthless on Verizon at all. Wifi and talking will work at the same time, as mentioned above. But this isn't something Verizon has hidden. In fact, a lot of the AT&T commercials make it a point of showing that Verizon can't do data and talking at the same time.

I personally won't go AT&T because being able to talk and surf at one time is worthless when you don't have a signal. Pretty much all of the areas I travel in didn't have good signals when I had an AT&T work phone.

So I'll take the inconvenience and knowing I can actually make calls when I want instead of it being hit or miss.

80% of the time I am on the phone I am busy doing something any way and my phone is in my pocket. When apple release an lte iphone you guys will have the ability to talk and surf.

rxcx5790 said:
Sounds like another cry baby. Boo hoo I can't talk and surf oh no the worlds going to end. I'd rather have the great coverage than surf and talk.

In this day and age with technology and for what we pay for our data plans etc. surf and talk should be expected! I have it with my service provider and I too would be upset if I didn't have it. Verizon needs to step up their game and start providing what other service providers have offered for years!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

iphone4ever said:
In this day and age with technology and for what we pay for our data plans etc. surf and talk should be expected! I have it with my service provider and I too would be upset if I didn't have it. Verizon needs to step up their game and start providing what other service providers have offered for years!

As others have said I rather have the great coverage I have then surf and talking cause when I'm on the phone I never need to use the web, sure it may be handy for some people but what good is it if you can't get service.

I am constantly amazed that people forget that the main purpose of a cell phone is to TALK not surf. Cell coverage will always trump everything else in my book.

When you go AT&T don't grip the phone to hard, the already poor coverage can't handle any more abuse.

But seriously the iPhone has a maps app that shows you exactly where you are. Crisis avoided.

Sounds like you better run on over to at&t! But enjoy that talking and surfing while you are in a major city tho because if you get a few miles away you will be back on edge or either have no signal. Both of which will not allow it.

It's just the CDMA network. That is why. The only reason. Verizon uses CDMA, & AT&T uses GSM. GSM allows talk+data.

Verizon is not out of date or trying to trick you.

IT'S APPLE YOU SHOULD BLAME for not integrating 4G LTE into CDMA iPhone 4. Not Verizon's fault.

i had at&t and the network congestion in my area is horrible , i was lucky if i pulled 1 mbps , I'm with verizon and i will take coverage over surfing and talking at the sometime any day , notice how in all of at&t commercials thats all they have on verizon, they dare not say anything about coverage ,verizon has the best coverage out of everyone period , have fun at at&t i know i didn't

I agree with everyone in this thread. Verizon is light years ahead of AT&T in cell coverage. And I would rather have good coverage than be able to talk and surf the web. I have sprint, only because it's cheaper than Verizon. But sprint isn't bad. I have full bars everywhere I go and the 3G isn't that bad. I get anywhere from 1.5-2mbps download speeds. I do prefer Verizon though because I know for a fact that they have service where everyone else doesn't, and that's what matters.