What's new

Verizon Iphone can receive SMS but not send.

brian0128

Reaction score
I joined up because I'm having some issues sending texts to a particular Sprint number with a blackberry. I can receive fine from this number but can't send SMS or MMS. SMS seems to work with everyone else. I thought it was the person with the Sprint, but a friend on Verizon with an Iphone 4 with IOS5 is able to text to the number just fine.

I was able to SMS the number fine for the past 2 months, about 2000 SMS during that time. Then 2 days ago it just stopped sending but will still receive.

So far I'v reset the phone by holding the 2 buttons down until the white apple appeared. I've also updated to the newest 4.2.10 yesterday during the troubleshooting process to see if that would make a difference.

What is confusing to me is that it worked fine until 2 days ago. We checked with her provider and my number isn't blocked. I got ahold of another person with a Verizon Iphone 4 with the same settings and she can't send to this person either. The only one of us that can send to her phone has the IOS 5 with the same 4.2.10 version but the modem firmware is much newer.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Here is a brief description.
I can recieve SMS and MMS.
When I send SMS it shows as sent but doesn't deliver.
When i send MMS I get a message "Your message was not sent"
I can call number just fine.
I was able to send fine until the 27th.
Other Verizon Iphone user with IOS 5 has never had a problem sending to #.
Different Verizon Iphone user with IOS 4 has never been able to send SMS.

I forgot to add that I called *228 and did the program option. I also reset the network settings on the phone to no avail. I called Verizon tech support and they forwarded the issue to their higher support and said I would be contacted in 5-7 days.

I just figured out that I can't send MMS to anyone, even on the Verizon network.

Update. The person I was texting lives in Maryland and so do I. She was out of the state visiting NC. While in NC she was able to get texts from other people in MD, just not me. When she drove home on Sunday night and crossed into Maryland, she received all of the texts that I had sent over the weekend.

What could make that happen?