What's new

Can’t make calls and browse the internet at the same time

Mattolly93

Reaction score
Excuse me if someone had posted a similiar question to this forum. I have an iPhone 7 AT&T carrier, every time I make phone calls I can’t access the internet, except when am connected to the WiFi, but if I’m not connected to the WiFi, when im on a call the cellular data automatically shut off and disappear until the call made is over.
Is anyone experiencing same issue, if yes, please how did you sort it out?

Make sure that cellular data is turned on in settings. Under settings/cellular, make sure the cellular data is turned on as pictured.
IMG_3146.JPG

This is for AT&T carrier. Hope this helps.

In addition, if you scroll down from the above, you will find a list of Apps, including Safari. Make sure it is switched on here as well.

Make sure that cellular data is turned on in settings. Under settings/cellular, make sure the cellular data is turned on as pictured. View attachment 36814
This is for AT&T carrier. Hope this helps.
Yes, I have everything turn on , but still I can’t access the internet while I’m on call

You can try resetting network settings. Under settings/general/Reset. There is a reset network settings. Give this a try. May just work. May not.
IMG_3147.JPG
IMG_3148.JPG

3rd down the list. Reset Network Settings. If this doesn’t work, I’d call AT&T and get some technical help. Good luck and hope you get it resolved.

This is provider related. If your provider uses VoLTE you will be able to get simultaneous voice and data.
If it is just CDMA then you won't. Providers do vary though. I suggest you contact them and explain the problem. Don't be fobbed off by someone saying it is an iPhone problem. Its not.

This is provider related. If your provider uses VoLTE you will be able to get simultaneous voice and data.
If it is just CDMA then you won't. Providers do vary though. I suggest you contact them and explain the problem. Don't be fobbed off by someone saying it is an iPhone problem. Its not.

AT&T is GSM, so it should be able to access the net when in a phone call.

As others have said, it is most likely a carrier issue. I have an iPhone 7 on AT&T. Surfing the net while on a phone call has never been a problem for me over the last 5 years using several different iPhones and different versions of iOS. Once you find a solution post back to let us know what it was.

Try paying attention to the person you’re talking to and not surfing the net at the same time. I hate when someone l’m talking to keeps flicking their eyes towards the TV. How would you like it my friend.
Do one or the other. Sorry to be blunt. Just my way, can’t help it.

Brixtonboy, totally beside the point and an unwarranted post. It’s an issue that needs to be resolved. I sometimes have to look something up that is germain to a conversation I’m on. It would be ridiculous to tell the persons to hold on while I hang up on you so I can look the info up and call you back!

Brixtonboy, totally beside the point and an unwarranted post. It’s an issue that needs to be resolved. I sometimes have to look something up that is germain to a conversation I’m on. It would be ridiculous to tell the persons to hold on while I hang up on you so I can look the info up and call you back!

I have to do this for work all the time, pull something up to refer to specifications or check a tracking number even pull info from our intranet. I used it the other night to find a place to eat while out of town, looking at menus while a friend, familiar with the area, was making recommendations.