What's new

I can't make a freakin' phone call because of Facetime intrusion

Tricon7

Reaction score
Today, suddenly and without warning, I get this message when trying to make a phone call. ""No network connection - connect to a wi-fi network to use facetime." Huh?! What caused this? I upgraded my IOS to 7 two weeks ago, so that couldn't have been it.

Can someone help? I can't make a phone call until I solve this problem.

After fooling around in my iphone's settings, I saw that Facetime was turned on. I turned it off, tried again, and was able to make a call. I don't have two Apple devices, but I guess when Facetime is used, one has to turn that on, then turn it back off when you're done. It seems a bothersome task to do.

Is it possible you hit the FT option on the contact name rather than their mobile? I've never heard of this problem. I have FT on all the time and never have to turn it off to make a call. Did you install iOS7 as new or just upgrade?

I was having this same problem then upgraded to 03 and it went away. Now I really have to move the phone away from my face before the screen comes back on. I think they adjusted the proximity sensor???

I have FaceTime turned on and when I make a phone call it functions accordingly. Only FaceTime calls are made when I actually tap the "Face Time" button.