What's new

Wifi drops during phone call

Nashvillian

Reaction score
I stay connected to wifi for hours at a time EXCEPT during phone calls when the wifi connection is intermittent. During the call, I can go to Settings and reconnect to wifi, but it drops again almost immediately… until I'm off the call, of course. Then wifi is solid again.

What's the dang deal?

I stay connected to wifi for hours at a time EXCEPT during phone calls when the wifi connection is intermittent. During the call, I can go to Settings and reconnect to wifi, but it drops again almost immediately… until I'm off the call, of course. Then wifi is solid again.

What's the dang deal?

I thought I had an answer for you. But unfortunately, or maybe fortunately for me I was wrong.

When iPhone goes to sleep it turns off wifi and goes to LTE. It will stay on LTE until you actually do something. Like make a call. Then it goes back to WiFi.

I also tried text too, and got the same result. I recommend you talk to an iPhone genus or if you prefer try this link: https://expresslane.apple.com/Getpr...1xHyLqZpZNDbGJ8hGcWT1nL6L1LpvH19M!-1735405946

If your phone is under service coverage they will help, otherwise you may have to go to an iPhone Store. At least try it though.