What's new

can you change to a diffrent ipsw if you have allready jailbroken

sam_kellick94

Reaction score
hello so a friend has got me to try unlock iphone 4 for him but its on the "connect to itunes" screen so i jailbroke it with redsnow but dident realise you have to use a cirtain ipsw to hacktivate it if i run through redsnow with the ipsw i need while thee iphone is jailbroken is it going to brick it or not thanks for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
The IPSW must match the iOS on the device with the exception of iOS 6.X which must be a 6.0 regardless of what iOS 6.X it is in order to hacktivate. It's based on the iOS on the phone already. Hacktivating a device means jailbreaking the device using RedSn0w the old-school way, which will jailbreak and hacktivate your device at the same time. Sole hacktivation was taken out with the turn of iOS 6.

yes im on ios 4.3.5 all i need to know is if i jailbrake again will with a ipsw that will bypass the activation will it brick the iphone

You cannot bypass the activation screen without jailbreaking. If you're already jailbroken, you can't re-jailbreak. Hacktivating does not brick your device...........

is there any way i could just return it to stock and just starn again

The only way to restore to a non-6.1.3 iOS is if you have blobs. Without blobs, you cannot re-restore or selectively restore