What's new

Can anyone help me with trying to jailbreak my iPhone version 4.2.9?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without proof, i.e. the source, this is just a kid looking for attention, and I take a very dim view of spreading misinformation like this on the forums.

If it was possible to untether 4.2.9 then we would have posted about it here, along with every other mainstream iPhone blog and forum on the planet. Where's the news? :)

I am having the same issue. What some people are failing to understand about obnoxiousacorns' original post is that she is trying to boot tethered through redsnow and it is still getting stuck at the boot logo. I successfully jailbroke as well several times on 4.2.9, and when you reboot with redsnow tethered it reboots fine. The problem arises once you install an app from Cydia that requires a reboot such as MyWi or My3G for instance. Once one of these is downloaded they require a reboot to work. Once I reboot tethered through redsnow after installing one of these apps the phone gets stuck on boot logo and there is nothing left to do but restore. Unfortunately I had to upgrade to 4.2.9 because my phone froze while on 4.2.8 jailbroken and I had to restore. iTunes would not let me restore using my custom 4.2.8 file because 4.2.9 was out and I did not have my SHSH saved. Does anyone have 4.2.9 jailbroken and able to use Cydia apps after rebooting with no problem?

This dude i kno we both gt iphones he saw i was jailbroken, but still on 4.2.8, so den he said for me to update and he cud could giv me a source so that its UNTEATHERED.

KidIphoneHack said:
This dude i kno we both gt iphones he saw i was jailbroken, but still on 4.2.8, so den he said for me to update and he cud could giv me a source so that its UNTEATHERED.

Well post the source.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

KidIphoneHack said:
Ok hld on let me go to cydia and write down be right bak

Dont waste your breathe there is no untethered JB. Whatever your friend did he didn't update a firmware through cydia. I'm trying to save you from the ridicule. To the poster who stated the reboots that's what a tethered JB is. You must plug your phone into the computer everytime you reboot or your going to come up with the same problem everytime you install a cydia tweak/app. So I suggest you don't do it.

I was plugging it in everytime I rebooted the phone. As I said I would reboot tethered with redsnow. The phone would still get stuck at boot logo and have to be restored through iTunes.

Now I know that you are kidding. You don't even know what you are talking about. You can't untether jailbreak iOS 4.2.9

KidIphoneHack said:

Well post the source.

Which company do u have? it only works for Verizon Iphones.

KidIphoneHack said:

Well post the source.

Which company do u have? it only works for Verizon Iphones.

I have the Verizon iPhone. How u get it to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.